Hello, here are my thoughts...

GoldenMotor.com

zone

Mar 3, 2011
Ontario, Canada, London
I have an engine from a newer style husqvarna chain saw, I'm not sure how well this would work out in my new setup, so I figured I would get some input from the pro's .. here is what I have, I looked up the specs:

Engine specification
Cylinder displacement 7.3 cu.inch / 118.8 cm³
Power output 8.4 hp / 6.2 kW
Idling speed 2500 rpm
Maximum power speed 9000 rpm
Cylinder bore 2.36 inch / 60 mm
Cylinder stroke 1.65 inch / 42 mm
Ignition system SEM AM50
Ignition module air gap 0.01 " / 0.3 mm
Spark plug NGK BPMR7A
Electrode gap 0.02 " / 0.5 mm
Carburettor model name WG8
Fuel tank volume 2.64 US pint / 1.25 lit
Oil tank volume 1.48 US pint / 0.7 lit
Oil pump type Adjustable flow
Oil pump capacity 28-51 ml/min

Weight (excl. cutting equipment) 22.9 lbs
Chain speed at max power 65.95 fts
118cc

I found a video on youtube with someone using the same saw here you go: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fkVKKrmrlY

------------------------------------

because I have the engine for free because my dad owns a husqvarna store he says this would work very well but he was not sure how to go about it to make everything work...

this engine cam from a Husqvarna 3120 XP chain saw with very little use and the case was badly damaged but the engine was still very good.

I'm thinking on modifying the HD Shifter Kit from sickbikeparts...

my question is will this engine be any good and will it last long? I'm hoping that it will have some power to do some off roading if needed...

any input would be great

Last edited:

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
Well, heh heh, with 8.4 hp it would have plenty of power. Rest of specs are in normal range ie rpm etc. Kind of heavy, but Husky is a good saw. Longevity should be fine if set up and run properly.

That would be a monster. : O

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I used some poulans and the weak spot on them was the drive shaft. i broke one and bent one. Yours might be better it is 3/8 diameter. I think

kev1n

Sep 25, 2009
wisconsin
That engine will be an awesome powerhouse and it should last a long time. I would get an unlimited coil for it and tune it up with some mods.
kevin