New guy with a couple questions

GoldenMotor.com

mp43sniper

Jan 6, 2011
PA
Hi everyone. My name is Craig and I've always wanted a pre-WWI motorcycle. I've even thought of building my own replica many times but never thought it could be doable until I found this forum. Over the past couple of days I've been reading as many posts as possible to try and get going without asking a million questions. It appears I have 2 options - get a kit from Sportscarpat or build my own. I have not decided what to do yet, but I did have some questions if I built my own here in the garage.

Oh, I almost forgot...my goal is a pre-war road bike/board tracker hyrbrid like many I see on here. I want to use a cheap two stroke for my first attempt and any ebay seller/supplier feedback in that area is appreciated. For my first one I want to do what I consider an easier build - keeping the pedals and having the engine assist that. Someday in the future I want to do a "real" motorcycle (engine power only) like others have built here with Lifan or other larger engines.

My main question: Is it better to get a complete newsboy bicycle, or just buy the frame and the wheels with drum brakes (and everything else) seperately? I wasn't sure if I'd be spending too much on a bike only to not use 80% of it, or if I'd be better off in the long run to actually get a complete one.

I know I'll have some more questions but that's the biggy. Thanks for any advice!

Craig

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Get the best bike You can afford. The INB is a sweet bike, heavy duty off the shelf... its cheaper to buy the whole bike than part by part.Or pick up a good solid vintage schwinn cruiser frame, and throw some heavy duty wheels and forks on. Panthers are a bit pricey and are getting harder to find but Pat makes a sweet tank for them. As far as kits go I swear by my zoombicycle motor kit.
Cheers