Huasheng drive t belt replacement

GoldenMotor.com

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Yeah thats a few teeth short.
Maybe? Maybe Not? The 4G drive is adjustable for C to C distance of the two pulleys using the offset rear shaft adjuster. Using the calculators on the Pfeifer industries web site here are the following C to C distance for the most common belts on either side of the speced 570mm. A 565mm belt needs 4.52 inches C to C. A 580 mm belt needs 4.87 inches C to C. Measure the range of Center to Center using the adjuster at its closest and longest settings. Maybe a 565 will work?

ocscully

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Maybe? Maybe Not? The 4G drive is adjustable for C to C distance of the two pulleys using the offset rear shaft adjuster. Using the calculators on the Pfeifer industries web site here are the following C to C distance for the most common belts on either side of the speced 570mm. A 565mm belt needs 4.52 inches C to C. A 580 mm belt needs 4.87 inches C to C. Measure the range of Center to Center using the adjuster at its closest and longest settings. Maybe a 565 will work?

ocscully
The 570 was tight to begin with a 565 would be even tighter.I really don't see how this can be adjusted.

Tad Bit Tipsy

Jan 2, 2010
Pensacola,FL
Herein lies the problem with these belt drives, can't see myself buying anything where you can't get replacement parts readily(local). Seems ridiculous to make something where the primary belt would be hard to find. I had a G4 for awhile and ran into this problem, it was on a rear mount bike I made for a buddy, well after waiting almost a month to get a replacement belt for him when the original broke in three weeks of moderate riding, we chunked it and rebuilt a chain drive unit, so far no problems. While I would love a quality belt drive for all my engines, I'm not selling my soul to Grubee, who can't keep most of there stuff in stock here in the US. Guess I'm going to save up for a few EZM drives, you can buy their belt at Autozone.

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Adjusting the 4G Tension

The 4G Drive belt tension is adjustable using the Egcectric built into the rear pulley shaft. The photo below shows this egcentric from the back side of the drive. You loosen the 4 bolts and then using the lockring spanner that should have come with your kit you rotate the egcenctic which either increases or decreases the C to C distance (moves the aft pulley either forward or back) depending upon which way you turn/adjust the ecentric. Its there so you can adjust for the belt stretching over time. But it can also allow you to perhaps use a slightly longer or shorter belt.

ocscully

Attachments

Hec_The_Wreck

Apr 4, 2010
Hollywood,FL
Re: Adjusting the 4G Tension

The 4G Drive belt tension is adjustable using the Egcectric built into the rear pulley shaft. The photo below shows this egcentric from the back side of the drive. You loosen the 4 bolts and then using the lockring spanner that should have come with your kit you rotate the egcenctic which either increases or decreases the C to C distance (moves the aft pulley either forward or back) depending upon which way you turn/adjust the ecentric. Its there so you can adjust for the belt stretching over time. But it can also allow you to perhaps use a slightly longer or shorter belt.

ocscully
Well now I know,unfortunately I don't have the lock ring spanner but I will check it out.Thanks

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Oscully,

Rec. Bill tried to help me, but I am embarrassed to ask him again the same question.

Can you show a pic of the oil lite bushing ON the 4g t drive PLEASE?

I now know what it looks like with Bills pics, but I'm not sure where it is located ON the drive.

Thank you. :)

ps sorry if this question is in the wrong area.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Can you show a pic of the oil lite bushing ON the 4g t drive PLEASE?

I now know what it looks like with Bills pics, but I'm not sure where it is located ON the drive.

Thank you. :).
The bushing goes around the motor shaft and inside the front 20 tooth gear.

Pic #1 on the left shows the flanged bushing

Pic #1 on the right shows the bushing inside the 20 tooth gear.

It's part # 33

Attachments

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Did you go through the steps of hot oil and wax and cook it for a while?
The Chinese bushing is not a real oilite so it is a waste of time trying to fix it.

Buy a real oilite bushing from McMaster Carr for under $1.50 each.
They come already impregnated with oil.

Then ocassionally put a few drops of 30 weight oil on it when it is hot.
It will suck it up.

The MaxTorque clutch that EZ motorbikes Qmatic and Firebellies gearbox also uses an oilite bushing.

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Thank you again!

You saved me a bunch of time for sure!

So, in my spare parts box for my 4g t engine, ill get:
2 belt drives
5 oil lite bushings
(have 2 plugs, different #'s, will post #'s later)
and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

Any other suggestions?

Maybe add a Robbins - Subaru engine, a Honda engine, or maybe an old school tecumseh 2 stroke!
lol :)

The Chinese bushing is not a real oilite so it is a waste of time trying to fix it.

Buy a real oilite bushing from McMaster Carr for under $1.50 each.
They come already impregnated with oil.

Then ocassionally put a few drops of 30 weight oil on it when it is hot.
It will suck it up.

The MaxTorque clutch that EZ motorbikes Qmatic and Firebellies gearbox also uses an oilite bushing.

recumbentbill

Jul 5, 2009
millington tn
Thank you again!

You saved me a bunch of time for sure!

So, in my spare parts box for my 4g t engine, ill get:
2 belt drives
5 oil lite bushings
(have 2 plugs, different #'s, will post #'s later)
and a partridge in a pear tree. :)

Any other suggestions?

Yes. Get the special belt adj tool from bicycle-engines.com [spanner wrench] for your bike tools

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Heres something to consider. Grainger has a Goodyear Polyurethane belt 115 teeth, 16mm wide 5mm pitch for $27. This would probably never wear out! Is there enough margin to handle the xtra tooth and width?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
You can get belts for the EZM's at many auto part stores and hardware stores as well. A good belt for the Huasheng is the AX25 or any equivalent sized belt will work. Cost from $4-$13 around these parts. Grainger has them also.