Custom Machined Mount

GoldenMotor.com

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Why don't you add a swivel to it? (to better attach to different cruiser frames.) I gave that design to Manic Mechanic, (& never even got so much as a thank you from him.) I'll give you a better one! ;)
PM me! (seriously)

Last edited:

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
Looks familiar:

Yea we originally got the idea of using a bushing from yours and the riddley. But unfortunately from what i understand you do not make these for production, and the riddley is only for felts. The manic mechanic mount mostly unavailable as well. As you can see, besides the bushing, ours is completely different any of the available mounts. You guys should be thankful for people offering custom-made parts with this level of quality in mind.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Now if that flat plate was running w/the frame and there was a flat plate sticking out the bottom of the bushing then it would adjust too many frame angles,,,and a flat plate w/a hole in each end added to the kit would allow for a lot more frame confogurations

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
And if one of these was used on the rear also so the carb could be leveled instead of doing the best w/the down tube angle we can and hoping it will be ok,,,and clamp on would work especially w/the half pipe pieces placed under them

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Why don't you add a swivel to it? (to better attach to different cruiser frames.) I gave that design to Manic Mechanic, (& never even got so much as a thank you from him.) I'll give you a better one! ;)
PM me! (seriously)

Thanks >>>Mine is great..I got those parts saturday thanks again!!!

Cheers

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yea we originally got the idea of using a bushing from yours and the riddley. But unfortunately from what i understand you do not make these for production, and the riddley is only for felts. The manic mechanic mount mostly unavailable as well. As you can see, besides the bushing, ours is completely different any of the available mounts. You guys should be thankful for people offering custom-made parts with this level of quality in mind.
There's some... defensiveness here I think perhaps based on a misunderstanding...

We as staff support the free and open exchange of ideas, it's the very point of this forum. We've no interest at all in product promotion - we're naught but flattered should members choose to copy and even improve on anything we manage to develop, where it otherwise - we'd not share such ideas lol, we'd be selling them too.

I suspect Tom was simply noting what you initially neglected to mention, that your new product was inspired by R&D made here and elsewhere, a minor point you quickly clarified. While it's true we share our ideas primarily for the DIYer, such a simple item so easily made if you've access to the equipment was bound to be copied and offered to the public as a product for those without such access.

We are thankful for quality custom made parts, they assist greatly those that cannot fabricate their own, or whom would choose not to for the ease and simplicity of simply purchasing one. However, do bear in mind that we will always favor the innovator for their creativity, vendor, staff and member alike - but most particularly those whom would freely share with no profit in mind beyond simply helping others. When a vendor recognizes it's a marketable product it's simple courtesy to acknowledge the source - particularly if the vendor in question has made little other contribution to this site, even if just through crosslink or reference on theirs.

Thread moved to Swap And Shop as per our rules.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just to clarify my "Looks familiar" comment. I was by no means suggesting that my design was being copied or stolen...Gee, I'm actually flattered that someone would see and use my ideas. If BlueBlood can use the design and profit from it...more power to them. I'm certainly in no position to mass produce those things so better that someone do it and make them available to the great unwashed. This forum is all about sharing information. Its the backbone of why we're here. Again...I'm flattered and apologize for any misunderstanding.
Tom

Last edited:

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
Haha i guess im just a little over sensitive =) I understand where your coming from... thats why i posted a picture of 2doors, to give him credit for the bushing deal. And honestly guys, we are still only Considering making these available, For a couple reasons, but we mainly wanted just to show what were up to. Sorry for the misunderstanding and you guys are alright by me =D

BlueBloodCycles

Jul 12, 2010
Kentucky
PM me! (seriously)
Hmm a swivel, that is a good idea!.

Now if that flat plate was running w/the frame and there was a flat plate sticking out the bottom of the bushing then it would adjust too many frame angles,,,and a flat plate w/a hole in each end added to the kit would allow for a lot more frame confogurations

Throw up a pic, or drawing, our model is very easily changed

Last edited:

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
don't have a scaner, but if you observe the flat plate on 2door's beige bike and rotate that 90 degrees,and make the "center lines" the "side of the plates"on this and the spools (this centers the spool on the frame)(and adding a third piece,the flat bar w/holes in the ends ,allows for height adjustment)clamping w/pieces of half pipe as for alum.tubes is best for steel too

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
plate on the frame ,and another on the end of the spool, and a -1/2 to 5/8 bolt through the hole

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Thats a nice drawing,
That would make a good front and rear mount for angle adjustment of the motor (leveling the carb.) the wide clamp will protect the frame tubes from the glass cutter effect of a muffler clamp bolt effect,,my concern would be the small piviot brakets strength in the pic.as there is some amount of twist torque to the motor from starting and just plain miss assembly and rough riding (and though sounding like a broken record ,a short flat bar between the piviots on the front mount would allow a lot more variation in engine location and different frames)
I would guess the spool part would be a standard size and the clamps might be different sizes ,"or a larger one" w/spacers for different tube sizes

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
swivel action!

There is no reason why this shouldn't work. My question is what is the material? If aluminum then the area of the swivel could be a concern. There is not a lot of material there to take the stress and vibration that can be produced by these little 2 strokers. If aluminum then it needs to be a very high allow. 6061-T6 or better and the sharp corners radiused. Also I would ask what hardness is the bushing. I'm a strong advocate of solid mounting the engine or if a resilient material is used it needs to be as firm as possible. No rubber or easily compressable material. I'm impressed with the design. Good work and good luck. Keep us informed of the progress and testing.
Tom

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
swivel action!

Just a suggestion...buy several bikes that have different frame configurations...then make some mounts. That's what I did...and it's a REAL eye opener.

I have over 20 common bike frames, that I modeled, precisely, in 3D...I also accurately modeled in 3D the complete engine...problems still come up! It is not easy to create a universal part.

Jim

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
The welded clamp in post #4 has a wide top footprint on the frame and only a round u bolt on the bottom,I'm thinking a wide footprint on the bottom also

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
for the front and rear mount, extend the "inside" of both mount parts (spool and clamp) a little longer ,round it and drill all the way through ,then a flat bar w/end holes on both sides w/heavier bolts at the piviot points,,the flat bars would be short ,just enough to allow pivioting ( longer for front mount extream reaches )