"speed" carb upgrade?

GoldenMotor.com

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
Some times it takes changing both. Changing the jet changes the mixture differently than a needle clip change. Sick Bike Parts should have jets. Get the number off of the jet you have and buy one or two either way from what you have-two richer and two leaner. They don't cost much and you can experiment with them. For the clip on the needle the closer to the top of the needle you have the clip the leaner it will be.

The "Speed" carb is the same throttle bore as the stock carb so one should perform the same as the other.

Jim

SuedePflow

Jun 12, 2013
Coloma, MI
Some times it takes changing both. Changing the jet changes the mixture differently than a needle clip change. Sick Bike Parts should have jets. Get the number off of the jet you have and buy one or two either way from what you have-two richer and two leaner. They don't cost much and you can experiment with them. For the clip on the needle the closer to the top of the needle you have the clip the leaner it will be.

The "Speed" carb is the same throttle bore as the stock carb so one should perform the same as the other.

Jim
I checked the plug in mine today and it's definitely rich. I'll set the clip a notch leaner and change the plug and see what it does.

Just to satisfy my curiosity, where can I learn about how to change the jetting?

buildnumber5

Jul 21, 2013
greencove springs florida
ive used a nt carb a speed carb and my current is a cns carb slightly modified .imo the nt and speed are both decent easy to install and tune they both wrked fine for me but i prefer the cns carb becouse of the tunability and i have found hat when it is dialed just right it out proforms both of the other 2