The 2010 4-Stroke in-frame Build-Off!

GoldenMotor.com

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi fellow builders, are you wanting to show off your new bike?

Did you start building it in this calendar year (2010)?
The idea here is to encourage building nice bikes, and to show them off, in a chance to win a nice plaque, that you can show off to your friends and family! Never won anything in your life? Well joining, competing, and winning are all free!

So you ask yourself.....how will this be fair? I have your answer right here, the Judges will be chosen by the builders!

The contest is to be, 4-stroke in frame/no 2-strokes, no pushers, no rockets, and no Steam Bikes! We want you to show the world your 4-stroke In-Frame Motorbicycle!

NO engine requirements except 4-stroke single cylinder/No motorcycle engines, a do-it-yourself deal.

No drive requirements except in-frame/powered by 4 cycle engines, mounted somehow into the frame. AND you must build with bicycle or bicycle parts no "pre-built", or production units.

All bikes must run and carry at least a rider, no "art bikes" that will not roll! IF your Art Bike does run and carry a Rider, then Ride On, and Join in!

You can have 2 or 3 wheels, trailers, sidecars, and get wild if you like.

Paint or no paint, your choice.

All decisions by the Judges are final

Judges? Two judges chosen by vote of all entered bikes owners

in each category, one vote per owner. Then the Judges will vote on a Moderator, to be the 9th Judge.

Also, if you want to enter, but dis-qualify your self from winning, that is OK

The 4 Classes are:

Cruiser

stretch/chopper

MTB/Road

BoardTrack/Vintage (pre 1980 is going to be the cutoff date

for vintage Bike mfg.)

Now..................................................

IF 3-Wheel, and Recumbent wants to build and join in, we will open a category, we need at least 6 competitors per class, the difference for the Recumbent, and 3-Wheel, is still 4-stroke, with no in-frame requirement.

1st prize Commemorative Plaque, which is a nice full color

plaque 8x10 /per Category

2nd prize TBA/per Category

Ending date for the Judge selection is Midnight July 4th, End of contest is Labor Day.

Soooo, how do you start? Well we will start a thread to volunteer for, or to nominate candidates for Judges, and then there will be a poll posted to vote, in each category.

This thread will be the build thread, so that the contest rules are visible on the first page of the build-Off.

Ride On!

Mike and Quenton (not Judges, not competitors)

Last edited:
Hi Helmutt,

If your build is from scratch it is OK. It would be the same as any build using any frame [Schwinn, Helmutt, Huffy, Worksman, etc]. We just don't want prebuilt bikes to compete as an example a new Whizzer Ne-r, Ambassador, NE5, etc wouldn't qualify, however if a Whizzer motor was installed on another frame it would be allowed. If another 4-stroke motor were to be installed on a Whizzer frame it wouldn't be considered prebuilt. In other words we don't want production models to compete with home built units.

Since all [most] are built starting with a "bicycle production frame" yours would qualify.
I do suggest you consider the Boardtrack/vintage catagory.

Have fun,

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
Hi Helmutt,

If your build is from scratch it is OK. It would be the same as any build using any frame [Schwinn, Helmutt, Huffy, Worksman, etc]. We just don't want prebuilt bikes to compete as an example a new Whizzer Ne-r, Ambassador, NE5, etc wouldn't qualify, however if a Whizzer motor was installed on another frame it would be allowed. If another 4-stroke motor were to be installed on a Whizzer frame it wouldn't be considered prebuilt. In other words we don't want production models to compete with home built units.

Since all [most] are built starting with a "bicycle production frame" yours would qualify.
I do suggest you consider the Boardtrack/vintage catagory.

Have fun,
All Good.. Where do I sign In?? where is the venue/space for Pic's Of Bikes??
Helmutt?

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I have lots of build pics :)...
I don't want to be first to post tho ;)
will this be a one post per build type thing ??? (how to add stuff after original post )

I will be in the stretch/chopper category

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hello competitors! Here is the idea....Post in this thread, show from as early in your build to up and finished, let us see all along the way, same as if we were dropping into your garage and checking up on you.

If anyone is confused, feel free to look at the "Rustoration" Thread up in the Vintage are to see how some of those guys did it.

IF you have modified your bike along the way, take us all thru the steps same as you did while doing it.

So, get out your pics, and tell us what you picked, and why, lets build!

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Mike

Picked up the first award for the "2010 Build-Off" and it is for the Stretch Cruiser class.

Special thanks to AZBill for letting us use his bike on the Stretch Cruiser award.

Each award will have a picture representing the class.

If you have sharp bike, send us a picture and we might ask to use it on the award. 4-strokes only, custom built [no modified production motorbikes].

The award company is waiting on pictures for Cruiser, BoardTrack/vintage, & MTB/Road

Have fun,

Attachments

Helmutt Cycles

Nov 27, 2009
PHX. AZ
Ok, I will building a Vintage Board Tracker era 1920ish. using the the Phoenix frame kit systemand powered by the
EZMotorbike motor kit. Q-matic
DK/helmutt

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
Okay, I bought a Schwinn Cruiser frame from Memory Lane so I'm going to build a cruiser & enter it in the build off. Hope to start having pics tomorrow.
Jay

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
EZM's 2010 4-Stroke in-frame Build-Off!/Deadline Extended!

Hi people, due to a rash of requests, the deadline for the EZM contest is officially extended!!! It seems that a bunch of bikes are not yet completed, and so we are listening to that need!

I will show one of the Winner's Plaques tonite, and the others as we go along. We will announce the new deadline dates soon!!!

Sayyyy.... whose bike do you suppose was the model for this award???

Mike

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I don't know that I'll be part of this build off since I'm just starting. It is a 50 Schwinn Panther providing I can make the HS engine fit. Picked up an EZM tranny from Patrick in Swap & Shop of this forum. I'll probably end up doing my own little thread of the assembly, but wish you all good luck with your builds. Helmutt, I like that Phoenix frame design, reminiscent of the Panther but with more room yet. Nice.
SB