Someone take my tools away from me! I'm at it again!

GoldenMotor.com

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have a problem, I can't leave anything alone!

Got bored so I tore apart an old snowblower I've had sitting for a few years in the back. The engine that was in it is a 2hp, 2 cycle, and it has good compression and spark. I also recently trash picked a huffy 10 speed comfort bike so now I have an idea for yet another motorized bike.

This one should be pretty easy to do.

The engine is just sitting in the frame. With the mounts and all that, they engine would be up higher and clear the pedals.

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Looks like an interesting project. I have an old Homelite generator with a 2 cycle motor that I have been looking at. good luck with your build.
Elmo

wes

Aug 17, 2009
Tucson Az
dnutSweet project, i wonder if you can still use the blower as a kind of turbo like air in take!!!! That would be sick

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I like the rounded cylinder & head, think they'd go well on a boardtracker... Can you bail on the recoil start? Is there some sort of clutch assembly? I suppose there musta been to disengage the blades... but maybe it was external?

Regardless - it's a heck of an interesting project fosho, lookin' forward to seein' this 'un develop! The price was great too lol

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I see what looks like an electric starter on it!
Norm,
That is an electric starter, but I'll bet you dollars to donuts that its 110volt. He'll need a very long extension cord if he leaves his driveway. :)
Interesting build none the less. Cool looking old motor.
Tom

MarksA-C

Nov 17, 2009
Wisconsin
This winter I probably will be out and about at 3am lol. Just on my tractor, not my bike.

I take care of damn near half the block. Fills my wallet with green and should get me enough funds to get all my bike projects done.

Let it snow, let it snow, oh let it snow...

Last edited:

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
That's a bad*** lil setup man - I like it! You'd prolly make a killing around here heh

...not that I'm lookin' forward to the icy doom or anything, I hate snow

.sno.