what a day!!!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
been out riding having a good time gettin my latest engine broke in. Did a couple of wide open runs then the engine lost power and shook like a dog passing razorblades. I knew right away a mount had let go
so I limp it home. Broke the rear mounting bolt right behind the rear sprocket. First time
I've broke one figured it was about time. I get the engine off and it broke off just under flush so I break out the left hand drill bits would not come out by drilling with the left hand bits and I could not get an easy out to remove it luckily I'd drill it straight right through the stud so I went and drilled it out and re taped the threads all this went smooth got the engine back on the bike. I look and the front tire is flat!! I'd just put in a new tube yesterday.
So I take the tire off cussing as I work on it then the bike falls over more cussing. I find 3 holes in the tube patch the tube and feel the inside of the tire I find a bunch of tiny thorns all over inside so I dig them all out now I look and the rear tire is flat great! Same thing looks like the wind has blown sand burrs into the streets and I think I've got all of them off the street and collected in my tires.
Well I go ahead and fix the front tire. Mount it up and inflate it let the air out and then reinflate it then I did I hear a small pop and now I have a big black bubble looking me in the face I drop the tire looking for the valve stem remover before I can get the air out the tire does it for me with my ears ringing from the big bang and the old Snake wanting to know just what I'm doing. I decide its time to call it a day and quit messing with the bike.
So now all I need to do is either replace 2 tubes or replace both tires and tubes. I think I'll replace tires and tubes.
Funny I haven't had a flat in 3 years now I can't keep air in them.
Its been one of them days.
Norman:-||

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I tend to forget about the tires until the rims are on the ground. I have to start checking things better. By the way, I told mama what you told me about your tool kit. Most important tool is the cell phone. She said it wouldn't do me any good. None of my family or friends liked me enough to come help me. rofl.

TheOtherStyle

Mar 27, 2009
SE WI
It's just one of those days, when you don't wanna wake up, everything is........well if you know the song you know what comes next :D

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
That's how ya learn by experience. How you handle the experience is what you learn.
At least I wasn't bored.
3 years and no flats not to bad of a deal I run the slick cheap tires and tubes, bell brand sold at Walmart. I'll go back with the same if I can get them or something close to what I was running.
I figured you all would get a laugh out of my nice day.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
When that day comes I'll throw it in the dumpster, if I can make it to the dumpster.
There's another story one of my trips to the dumpster at night I found the gas meter. the dang thing was sneaking around in the dark jumped up and knocked me down. Made me cuss for a while but I knew better than to seek revenge with a hammer.
I use a flash light now when going out to the dumpster at night. Mr gas meter hasn't moved an inch since. I'm keeping my eye on that thing it has a nasty way of sneaking up on you in the dark.
Now all I got to do is remember not to walk under the oak tree in the dark low hanging limbs and spiders are everywhere.
Loins and tigers and bears oh my!!! but them spiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! big fat ugly spiders riding me around like a cowboy on a bull in the rodeo arena, all the screaming, yelling, snot slinging, not a one has stayed on for a full 8 second ride yet close but no cigar.
I wonder what the neighbors think?
I really wonder what the neighbors thought when I damn near blew down the fence in the back yard while running a real airplane at full throttle tied to the basket ball pole? By the way Bob was there that day helping
I live in a quiet neighborhood if it weren't for me everyone would fall asleep peacefully. .xx.

Its a dirty job but someone has to do it.
Norman

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i was walking to del taco awhile ago. had to go through these apartments with bushes on either side of the sidewalk. walked through a giant spiderweb, big enough to almost hold me back.

so, that right there blows, but i walk into del taco, and the chick at the counter starts screaming at me. i look at my shoulder, and there's this wolf spider or something, with a body bigger than a grape, just sitting there, like he's waiting for me to order him a burrito.

so now, i'm shirtless in del taco, stomping on my shirt, the other people eating have no idea what's going on, and someone in the drivethru sees me half-naked disco-ing through the window and takes off without their food...

my shirt's got this spider-gut ooze covering the whole shoulder, like i got hit with a giant meatball or something, so i throw it in the trash, order my food and walk out shirtless.

normally, spiders don't bother me. i think i'm up to 5 black widow bites now, but it's those sneak attacks i hate...

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Most folks don't know the dry climate in Texas breeds some real sharp cockel boroughs <SP?> stickers. If they are in a wet climate they just hitchhike but in the dry they get real hard and plenty nasty. Desert is just full of cactus and the like. I personally like tarantulas...they taste just like chicken.

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
Norman, I went and threw all those grass burrs out in front of your house. I didn't do anything to the mount though, I didn't think about that. All I can say is that it's about time you had a flat..............:D

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
you'll go to 4ell for lying same as for stealing Bob.
I went and bought 2 new tires and tubes today $38.00 for all man I'm broke so now I got to go mount the tires hope I don't see the big giant black bubble again. Rufus and I don't like the big giant black bubble scares me and makes Rufus lose control of his bowels. I never knew a cat has so much stuff locked up inside them that can come out so fast all at once!!!
I'm sitting here looking over at Rufus he's almost got that look saying you better not let that giant black bubble out again as I have the cannon locked and loaded!!!
OFF to the shop for another adventurous day...... I wonder whats going to happen???

At least I was home when they went flat. Bob, didn't need for Mom to come get me.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I know you are all waiting on the edge of your seats wondering did the big black bubble get Rufus and me? Well nope it went smooth got it all back together. I found 2 holes in the rear tire and lots of thorns along with some small metal burrs that rear tire is looking thin so into the trash it went.

One thing I'm noticing is I use a tool set it down and the gremlins get it play catch with it then put it in a different spot. I wonder how you get rid of them? Or stop them from picking up stuff and moving it? If I can ever catch one I'm going to beat it with the electric fly swatter. Then bury it so only its head is sticking out of Ruff's litter box that will teach it. Old Rufus will wind his watch.

Last edited:

Michigan Mike

Dec 9, 2008
Michigan
i was walking to del taco awhile ago. had to go through these apartments with bushes on either side of the sidewalk. walked through a giant spiderweb, big enough to almost hold me back.

so, that right there blows, but i walk into del taco, and the chick at the counter starts screaming at me. i look at my shoulder, and there's this wolf spider or something, with a body bigger than a grape, just sitting there, like he's waiting for me to order him a burrito.

so now, i'm shirtless in del taco, stomping on my shirt, the other people eating have no idea what's going on, and someone in the drivethru sees me half-naked disco-ing through the window and takes off without their food...

my shirt's got this spider-gut ooze covering the whole shoulder, like i got hit with a giant meatball or something, so i throw it in the trash, order my food and walk out shirtless.

normally, spiders don't bother me. i think i'm up to 5 black widow bites now, but it's those sneak attacks i hate...
bairdco,
Was already laughing too hard from reading about Norman's near-death experience with the gas meter when I made the mistake of reading about your shirtless-taco-spider ... rotfl ... this forum could be hazardous for us old guys with two hernias!
rotfl rotfl rotfl