Sidecars?

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Mostly cloudy and chance I'll set an alarm for a few different points of viewing Lunar Eclipse. Not sure if I'll set up a telescope. I can put a cell camera lens next to the eye piece of telescope to get sort of good picture. Last time got the few planets that had aligned with the moon with a less zoomed in eye piece. Think with the focal length of my scopes tube an the 15 or the 25 mm eye piece I get maybe 50X an 30X with the schmidt cassegrain.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The 3' Polo Seat Rail or if you prefer Sissy Bar arrived from 365cycles in East Petersburg, PA. at 3pm today. Nothing note worthy really except that it was shipped Monday and arrived here in British Columbia, Canada on Wednesday.

I bought it through Amazon and paid an extra $10 for the faster shipping. I'll put it on the bike tomorrow and get some photos if it doesn't rain. I think I have the photo problem solved. My OneDrive photo folder was full so I had to up the storage.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The young ladies sidecar is finished and on the bike as of this afternoon. May get to see her tomorrow afternoon and she can test ride it to see if it's OK. I'll get photos tomorrow and get them posted. The day ran out about the same time my get up and do it, did.

I made a fender for it out of some metal I had here in the garage using the cut down form I made for the sidecar fender on my bike.

Once Dad gets it home this week, I'll be at the Epic Electric full time. Have to get to Home Depot to get the wood for the delivery box. Next week I'll chase down the paint and maybe a trip to the metal shop to get some sheet metal to cover the box. I have some ideas for that but I'm trying to source parts and it seems the old saying about a slow boat from China has a lot more truth to it now.

Steve

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
The side car owner was by with her folks. The first introduction was funny as she stared at it for a few minutes and slowly walked around it not sure what had happened to her bike. Then the try it out which went well and then when her Dad walked over with her dolls and put them in the side car the deal was sealed and up and down the street they went for an hour until Dad called a halt due to increasing traffic as people came home from work.

My nephew reformatted my computer so I now have access to my photos. Here is the bike and side car but I didn't bring my camera with me so there are no photos of her riding the bike.

Steve.

Attachments

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Thank you everyone. The reviews from passers by on the street were fun. Lot of dog walkers and people walking by.

Tom, the bike is still here and when she stops by again I'll make sure to take some photos.

A few things that need correcting before it goes home.

She lives right across the street from her school so it's a quick ride to show it off to her friends. It was a fun build and there was a lot of joy in seeing her ride it.

Steve