hey everyone new air intake noise reducer

GoldenMotor.com

would you buy a product that reduces noise by 20 percent or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

renomoto

Sep 13, 2009
nevada
I have been looking around on this site for a while now and I am starting my motor bicycle as my primary form of transportation.

I know that a lot of the noise that comes from the engine is from the air intake. I am creating an intake “muffler” for my bike and I am thinking of selling my design.

To see if this idea is any viable I was wondering if anyone else would want to reduce their noise and purchase my product? Let me know what you think

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
you would probably have to have an attachable tube/pipe that went from the carb to the intake filter/muffler because most of us barely have enough room for the stock filter, thats something im doing right now actually.

if you can show us that it works well and achieves something then we'll probably buy it. thanks

renomoto

Sep 13, 2009
nevada
if you can show us that it works well and achieves something then we'll probably buy it. thanks
i have found a flexible tubing that has noise reduction properties. i will test it using a db meter to measure the reduction in noise. i know that there is a small amount of room that i have to work with so i am taking that into account.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I have not bothered yet......yet.
I suppose a section of convoluted tubing would help a good bit. The question is how restrictive would it be?
I do not like breathing through a snorkle, and I don't think my little engine would either.
A stinkin' big baffled box is what's in my truck. I do not like that idea either.

renomoto

Sep 13, 2009
nevada
I have not bothered yet......yet.
The question is how restrictive would it be?
I do not like breathing through a snorkle,
i know from prelims that its the same a using a snorkle out of the water(normal airflow). i do not believe that it will reduce air intake.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
The box rocks ;) the far superior filter was what I was after, tho I'm quite pleased with the quieting effect.

heh - I wanna see yer's, I'll defo steal it if its better :D