4 cycling mystery solved!

GoldenMotor.com

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Thanks Motor biker thats pretty clear explanation. I liked that bike lance was riding, he stated it was a moped but I didnt see any pedals on it. It looked alot bigger cc wise.

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
mine 4 strokes most of the time except at full throttle and. it seems to level out and run nice at certain points in the range if i keep it at a steady trottle. But I am still in the breakin period. Sounds like from what im reading this is probably normal. Am I thinking right on this?
Evan

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Yeppers :) 'cept I'd wait...

If it's still doin' it after a few hunnerd miles then I'd start to wonder if it's a touch on the rich side - but it sounds like yer right on the edge so I wouldn't sweat it, it'd be movin' the clip up a notch at the most.

These carbs aren't known for their precision so don't kill yerself tryin' to "tune" it beyond a certain point - it's a waste of time really without a air/fuel adjustment screw.

Remember - yer spark plug can tell ya a lot more 'bout things than we can ;)

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
The plug looks good and im already on the top notch so sound like like i should leave it. BTW, my elevation is not quite 200 feet. Thanks Evan

Evan

Dec 6, 2009
Mount Vernon, WA
Well Nougat that is great advise. I'm barely through the first tank but some small holes in the filter cap sounds like a good idea being that i'm all the way up on the needle. This would give me more adjustment. I'll wait to get through this tank before I do anything.

It also brings up another question. I have never been able to get my exhaust apart. It is the type that has 2 small screws on the side to hold the end cap in and try as I might I could never get the cap off. I finally gave up when I worried I was gonna break something. Any ideas on that one? Evan