sad day Stolen Arizona

GoldenMotor.com

desolation

May 21, 2012
arizona
so my bike just got stolen from a rak outside of a frys on 70th ave and Indian school in Arizona ive had it for 3 months was not expecting this and it really really suxs

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Re: sad day

That sucks, sorry to hear it. Look for it everywhere, craigslist, pawn shops, it's rare but sometimes you can find them. I lock mine with the best pad lock Ace Hardware sells and one and a half feet of the thickest chain I could find slid inside a 26x2.125 inner tube. Tougher to cut than a U lock but still just a deterrent so I try to never lock it.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA

Wow, you rode it all the way from Wisconsin only to have it stolen in Arizona?

Yup, sad day. How you gonna get home?

Agreen

Feb 10, 2013
Southeastern GA

When mine was stolen, my wife posted it in a bunch of fb resale pages. About 2 hours later a picture of a guy riding it showed up. Unfortunately, she didn't follow him. We got close to finding it, but (long story short) we had to stop looking at the police's recommendation. We started getting word from our neighbors that while we were out looking for it, strange people were digging through my mailbox and snooping around my property. As soon as someone would say anything, they would run. A month after it was stolen, I got another report that my bike (exact description) was seen 2 cities over. I assume it was because I got so close that they either sold it or dumped it far away.

Unless you have the serial number, the police can't do anything about it. And they also will not actively look for it. I did all that for them.

I had a truck that kept creeping by my house while my wife and kids were out (so they thought I was out too) and I saw this truck stop by my house while I was alone. I got a full description and license plate number. This was after I had already done a couple weeks of research and talked to neighbors of my supects. I then gave the information to the police of what I found. Names, phone numbers, conversations, sightings, everything. When I gave them the plate number and person's name, they looked at me kind of gravely. They have my house on their extra watch list now. I asked why and who they were, by they said they couldn't tell me.

Anyway, the bike was never found, and I built a new one. I still sleep with a loaded gun near my bed and a security camera on my front porch. It's humbling.

Old:

New:

Last edited: