Riquimbili Dervish Model II: My 2nd build

GoldenMotor.com

jolfstn

Oct 30, 2011
Seattle, WA
Greetings Motor-bicycling comrades: I've been away, having sold my last project, and have just now ordered the bicycle & motor for my next build. Lessons learned on my first build: Living in a coastal area, steel is a problem. My last bike rusted like nobody's business. I purchased an aluminum frame bike. My last build didn't have shocks, which before I knew any better, I assumed was merely a comfort issue, when in fact it's a safety issue, keeping all wheels in contact with the ground over terrain. This one has shocks. Cheap caliper brakes were eaten by the last build, this new one has disc brakes. On Ebay, seller Bicycle-Motor-Works sells a 66cc motor claiming to be faster & more powerful, which I now assume is due to the 44 tooth sprocket he's got with the kit instead of the standard larger size. I used the SPB shift kit on my last build, but found I didn't use it that much, and research tells me that though the gears add potential speed & torque, with the extra drive-train chainage (I know chainage isn't really a word) you loose 8% power overall. Before she rusted I did manage to get her up to 50mph on the flats, but even in the lowest gear she didn't take to hills too well. The expansion chamber didn't give me the power boost I was hoping for, nor did the (now older) model Jaguar CDI. The most impressive power boost I felt came from the ThatsDax RT carb, which I plan to purchase another of as soon as they're back in stock. I'm willing to try the new generation Jaguar CDI, and if I can find someone who can help me tune it, will give the Expansion Chamber another try. I want also a manic mechanic hub sprocket as opposed to the standard spoke mount, which I'll do when I can afford. I'm also keen on the hybraped sprocket, disconnecting the drive-train completely when pedaling - can this work with a hub mount? or does Hybraped only work on spoke mount? For horn & signal lights, my plan is the Wonderful Creations 12 volt generator connected to the voltage regulator for Whizzer/Cruzzer models, also planning on using horn and signal lights for Whizzer/Cruzer builds, as well as the mechanical dial type speedometer. I don't know how their brake light switch works, I'll probably get a standard that attaches to disc brake. Once all that is done, it will be time to think about security. Disc brake key lock, Street-Cuffs and if I can afford it, GPS tracker that can be disguised as either a seat-post, top cap or reflector. Wish me luck! It's good to be back, I"ve really missed having a motor bicycle, it's been over a year!
-J