Update on my upcoming build

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
So, I posted about doing a 79cc predator build the other day. I am picking up my engine on Tuesday or Wednesday. I have also ordered an adjustable mounting plate...the same ones the 49cc grubee engines use. I have a centrifugal clutch on the way via mail. The clutch has an 11t sprocket on it. I'm looking around at several different bicycles. I am going to use a 26" Steel framed cruiser, maybe a Huffy Santa Fe, or a nice Schwinn. I will be eventually using the EZ Q-Matic drive. To start off I will be hooking up my clutch to a jack-shaft. The shaft will then convert the power to the rear wheel via chain(yadda, yadda..you know how it works)I'll look around and see what I can find for a bicycle or bicycle frame(and just build up my own) I was thinking of running a 44t sprocket in the back, but that's probably going to be too small. So....I was probably going to get a 50 tooth instead(maybe 56). Now...before anyone asks....how fast do I want to be going? I'd like to keep my top speed about 35-40mph MAX. I like just cruising instead of pedal to the metal all of the time. I've done lots of research on this project and have seen several examples of how others have done it. If anyone would like to share their predator builds, or other homemade 4 stroke "in frame mounted" builds send me a PM. Lots of folks in my area have the typical 2-stroke HT motor builds(which there's nothing wrong with that, I'm a fan myself). I want to be "that different guy". I have some pretty neat ideas on how I can make use of the frame space and what I want things to look like. I'd like some pictures of frame styles that you have used(to those who have done it, without major modification). I'm very excited for my new project, although...I haven't decided what I'd like to do for an exhaust. I don't have access to a welder, has anyone modified any HT exhausts? I don't want it to be LOUD, I like the sound the typical stock 2 stroke pipe makes, maybe a little louder. Oh, and I don't want to sound like a Harley either, It's a motor assisted bicycle, not me acting like a wannabe biker. Happy riding!.we. Thanks!