New Build: The SoCal Speedmeister

GoldenMotor.com

wolf-jr

Feb 17, 2012
Culver City
Hey every one..

Just got a classic schwinn frame at the swap meet last sunday, and threw together some parts to see if I should put a motor on it...

The frame is a 1974 schwinn, I stripped most of the paint off and after a few hours of doing that, I threw in the towel and stopped for the day. But as I was looking at it, I had a vision... This vision was to take several parts out of my dad's stash.

First, I dug up a matching wheel set, the front is a 26 with a 2.125 tire and the rear is a 24 with a 2.5 tire. I also picked up some prewar scwhinn handlebars a the swap meet. The forks are 1" triple trees cut down to lower the front of the bike.

I also wanted to say that Headtrama's awesome schwinn builds inspired me to start this project...

Well... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Let me know what you think!

-Iceman

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
In pic #4, is that a 360cc or a 420cc predator engine? And be honest ;)

Hey every one..

Just got a classic schwinn frame at the swap meet last sunday, and threw together some parts to see if I should put a motor on it...

The frame is a 1974 schwinn, I stripped most of the paint off and after a few hours of doing that, I threw in the towel and stopped for the day. But as I was looking at it, I had a vision... This vision was to take several parts out of my dad's stash.

First, I dug up a matching wheel set, the front is a 26 with a 2.125 tire and the rear is a 24 with a 2.5 tire. I also picked up some prewar scwhinn handlebars a the swap meet. The forks are 1" triple trees cut down to lower the front of the bike.

I also wanted to say that Headtrama's awesome schwinn builds inspired me to start this project...

Well... I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. Let me know what you think!

-Iceman

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
brnotI see you have been into my chit again...Punk...thank god you can't lift that big block motor...

Are we are getting back into the HF motors...ya know it is a fun class to race.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I wasn't quite sure if the 420cc would fit into the tandem, but where there is a will, there's a way. We'll see how the GX160 propels it if Mike ever sends me the tranny? It's been 2 months now Mike.......any eta? Hopefully before the world comes to an end ;)

That's a 420cc scotto ...

Don't worry about what that's for! laff
dnut worry jr. I worry about nothing ;)

Last edited: