Supercycle San Pedro

GoldenMotor.com

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
Just finished up my new bike yesterday, a San Pedro supercycle with black motor kit. This is my second build, first being a regular mountain bike to get some understanding on how these kits work then decided i wanted something a little "cooler" so i went with this bike. its running great and im pretty happy with it except for the length of the cables in the front, theres probably a way to shorted them but its most likely to much hassle for what its worth. Im also hoping to get a layback seat post like the ones on pirate cycle for a longer/stretched feel

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
wow! nice, when it said san pedro i thought you were talking about the san pedro ''where the getto meets the sea'' pedro in so. cal. never mind, long day. dennis

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
thanks everyone, i was lucky enough for the bike to come in black and red so i didn't have to change anything other then remove all the sticker/decals. I went to ride it this morning and noticed a big puddle of gas under the bike in the garage...the plastic fuel filter piece was leaking quite a bit (did the same thing on my other bike) so threw out the filter and did a quick run to canadian tire and got some 3/16 i.d tubing, it fit super tight so no more leaking

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Very nice build, Rysher. You need to be proud of that one. It has the look of a factory build because everything matches so well.

There are several threads here on shortening cables. It's not hard to do and will clean up the front end a little. Truthfully, your cables aren't really that long or unsightly. IMHO :)
http://www.google.com/cse?cx=partne....tab=0&gsc.q=how to shorten cables&gsc.page=1

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Looks great. My first build was chromo mountain bike. I later moved the kit to a cruiser for a more antique motorcycle appearance. The cruiser also rides smoother.

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
Unfortunately the more i ride it the more problems i find...the mounting screw on the tank came loose and started leaking. all the screws on the rear fender came loose because of vibration, i forgot to put some rubber washers on them and because i made that mistake one of the mounts for the rear fender broke off. The chain is also rubbing on the frame wearing it down so i need to rethink the chain tensioner position. I put some quicksteel stuff made by jb weld that is suppose to be good for gas tanks on the mounting screw leak, it worked as a temperary fix but its still leaking a little bit so im going to just get a replacement tank instead of spending more money trying more quick fixes. Other then that it rides super smooth and feels great

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
Fixed most of my problems, chains no longer rubbing on the frame, shortened the back fender and raised it a bit so i have a bit more clearance (feels safer) used some water weld instead of quick steel and it seems to be holding up really well on the tank mounting bolts (still going to be getting a new one, just a temporary fix) ...also tuned it up a bit, i now have great acceleration off the start and good constant speed, clocked myself at 52kmph without any hiccups or rattling...still waiting to get a bit of extra money to drop on a layback seat post and a better kickstand then my bike will be complete

-updated picture-

shellshopexotics

Mar 7, 2011
Safety Harbor Florida
Fixed most of my problems, chains no longer rubbing on the frame, shortened the back fender and raised it a bit so i have a bit more clearance (feels safer) used some water weld instead of quick steel and it seems to be holding up really well on the tank mounting bolts (still going to be getting a new one, just a temporary fix) ...also tuned it up a bit, i now have great acceleration off the start and good constant speed, clocked myself at 52kmph without any hiccups or rattling...still waiting to get a bit of extra money to drop on a layback seat post and a better kickstand then my bike will be complete

-updated picture-
Nice very very nice!

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
added some occ forks on today...cant quite get them to work properly, when i tighten the head bolt the steering gets extremely stiff and barely moves, but if i loosen it at all then i can basically unscrew it but hand with no force...i dont know if the bearing is making any contact or something because it seems like its just metal on metal rubbing...ive never taken this part of a bike apart before so im not really sure what to do. any ideas?

once i get this problem figured out ill be painting the forks black and the top and bottom mount of the forks red and re paint the other red parts to match

Rysher

Jun 6, 2012
toronto, canada
figured out the problem, it was the bearing not making any contact. i added a few washers and cut up the old bearing mount from the original forks so now it turns smoothly again. also got a chance to paint it. i wanna get some straight handlebars to make it a little more race-y looking

-before and after shot-