Predator 99cc accepts 2 stroke parts

GoldenMotor.com

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
So not a major discovery here... but just a good note to have if it's not already talked about.

I was playing with the jetting on my predator carb for the first time last night and when I get the float bowl off I see that the jet has a familiar look to it. After getting the jet completely out I notice that it is the exact same 5mm jet that is in the standard NT carburetor from the ol' 2 strokes. I didn't believe it at first but having a bunch of old NT jets laying around I tested them and they all screw right in just like the stock jet. If you don't like drilling jets, now you can save a little bit of money and get them cheaper instead of paying double or waiting for them to get off back order (cough...AGK).

Same thing goes for the 2 stroke spark plugs... they have the same thread pitch, diameter, and depth as the factory Predator spark plug, no extra washer(s) are needed. I put in an NGK Iridium plug from SBP that is sold as a 2 stroke upgrade. It went right in (no pinging) and made a noticeable difference @ idle and gives quicker revs. I'll post some pictures when I can.