Cleveland Welding Trailblazer

GoldenMotor.com

cdavid67

Apr 4, 2012
Santa Cruz, CA.
I have posted on the introduction and 4-stroke sections about gathering parts, and a couple of exhaust and clutch questions.
I couldn't find a used Felt aluminum frame to save my life so I am going in a different direction.
I am into finding vintage cruisers and fixing them up. My first project, a 57 Schwinn tank balloon tire cruiser, I found and completed a "mod resto". Looks like an original old cruiser but with more modern components. For instance I replaced the junk spray painted japanese wheels with a set of aluminum Felt wheels and had the frame powder coated. New bars and Felt 1903 seat. I cleaned up the chrome, detailed out the other components and viola! A beautiful, old cruiser. I'll post a pic later!
Bike #2 was found by a friend, in an old garage owned by a little old lady. A 1951 Cleveland Welding Trailblazer (same as a Roadmaster). I was about 80% done with this project when I began collecting parts for a MB.
No luck on the Felt and after reading about the bikes in this thread, a lightbulb lit up and I decided to use this frame. It's already powder coated a very dark green metallic so I'll stick with that for now.

Thank you all for the great ideas and will be posting pics really soon!