Replace Titan with HF Predator?

GoldenMotor.com

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
I have a dead Titan and would like to replace it. I am wondering if any of the HF motors will have the same shaft and mount for the Titan clutch/gearbox?

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Don't ditch that titan folks are always looking for used parts, worth some thing. Wassup with the titan, how many miles on it?

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
If the Titan has the 3-spring (and shoes) clutch which it probably does, there are no compatable Pedators for a swap.......different shaft. Sell the Titan, buy a Pred....they're cheap.

dnut

skyl4rk

Aug 14, 2008
M I C H I G A N
I had a lot of problems with the idle jet o-ring for about a year and then one day it just quit while riding. I couldn't get it to start again. I don't know what it is. It could be something simple. I was pretty tired of dealing with it. Its been sitting outside for a year.

I may see if I can get it to start up again tomorrow.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
YO sky if the only reason you want to get an HF is because the titan is kaput maybe with the board we can get it going. If that thing has compression and turns over chances are it can run again. Make sure theres no water in the crankcase and do an oil change on it. It will run again.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
It sounds like a simple carburation issue. A favorite line from the old Bonnie and Clyde movie: "dirt, dirt in the fuel line, just blowed it away". EJ Crebb's or something like that....their getaway driver said that rotfl

Clean the carb out as well. Fresh gasoline with a good fuel filter on these little 49cc engines is a must. Good luck.

dnut

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
The carbs on HS/Titan clog up real easy, especially early on. My first one worked right for ~100 miles, then never worked right again.

Sometimes it's better just to replace the carb, but it may take a few carb rebuilds before you decide that's the best way.

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
20% Off Any Item at Harbor Freight Tools
Coupon Code : INSURE20

Coupon not valid on any of the following -- prior purchases, gift cards, Inside Track Club membership, extended service plans, Compressors, Generators, Tool Cabinets, Welders, Floor Jacks, Campbell Hausfeld products, open box items, or Blowout Sale items.

FireEater

Apr 16, 2012
Alberta Canada
Bought one of the HF 99CC for mocking up our Q-Matic drive to the crankcase and only paid $79.20 plus shipping. You can get them to honor a 20% coupon for online ordering, just ask them.

Have fun,
How did you get them to ship it? On the web site it says purchase in store only and when I called to try they told me they would not ship it.

thx???