Another Tylar BTR Build

GoldenMotor.com

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Dan hates mounting motors, he's a perfectionist and says that he can build the whole bike from ground up faster then mounting a motor. He wants it to look and run perfect. I gave some samples of what he can do to get my motor and trans in that frame so he would have to do another and he said NO. He'd rather build another one and have it be right. He's not charging me for the new frame. The dude rocks!

Harry is right. If you have or know someone that has a welder you can save a lot of ca$h. What would it run to sent it out there? $200-300?

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Harry you have some great suggestions bud. I actually ordered a loop frame back in mid November (is it the end of January already?) It's been soooooo long that I thought maybe I'd better look at other options.
I've bought Harley Sportster hardtails into NZ from the US & it didnt cost very much for shipping.
Anyway enough about all that, Robert Im really looking forward to seeing the next frame.
And Dan must be one heck of a nice guy to do another one for you.
Im sure he wont have any trouble finding a buyer for the first one, it's a thing of beauty.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I waited from 11-10 to 7-11 for my Sportsman Flyer Delux #3 wich is also a parts fabrication featured bike in Pat's web site as well, can't say the waite was a patient one but when I received it, it was every thing I expected! from Pat I also have one of Dans bikes (his proto type tracker #1) and I love it as well, I'll do an Indian with Dans and he has done a complete head tude re-set on a Flying Merkel I had made from a guy in Arizona, all I can say about Dan is, the guy really is an awsome fabricator and all around nice guy, Hats off to ya Dan! and any one who buys his bikes

Last edited:

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
If anyone is interested, I'm selling my Villiers motor and Albion gearbox. This pictures are in my album and in the tread. Offers are always welcome
I'm interested, but I don't know what to offer. I'll do some research (it's one of the things I do best) but right this moment I don't know what'd be a fair price. I've come to trust the suggestions found on this forum though.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
If you are serious, do the research but this engine is AWSOME!! I've been to Dan's several times and seen this engine, it ain't no! joke, it's like brand new! so when you make the offer, up the antie a little cause you don't have to do anything to this one but slap it in
Good luck with your research, you'll end up get'n this one

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
Thanks Trickd, this motor 100% complete right down to the coils. Most, almost all, of the Villiers out there are missing coils and the flywheels, smaller than 100cc and come off of lawnmowers. For your research, this is a 147cc 8c villiers.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That engine would look so cool in a bike as you can see on this thread (page ?)
and by the way it's TRUCKD, as in trucked, truck-d not trickd of course I do build some tricked out bikes lol!

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
VERY Nice bike shame to have to build new frame but if youve got other villiers ya could just build another , Id like to do a BTR using one of these massive things they weigh 58lbs and are 29cubic inches (468cc) 3.25in bore by 3.5in stroke capable of 10hp @ 3000rpm with around 18ft lbs of torque once reworked, Ive got dozens of em. Im using 2 for my 1913 HD twin tribute. So many bikes on this site have inspired me

Attachments

Robertriley

Apr 25, 2011
Southern California
I was checking out your motors in the forum earlier. Those things would look great on a bike, a BIG bike. If you start one please post some pics of the build. If you know of anyone that would be interested in my 147cc Villiers please direct them to me. The Villiers needs to be on a ride!

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
I was checking out your motors in the forum earlier. Those things would look great on a bike, a BIG bike. If you start one please post some pics of the build. If you know of anyone that would be interested in my 147cc Villiers please direct them to me. The Villiers needs to be on a ride!
Im still gathering the parts I need for my twin build I picked up the tubing for it last Monday. Ive got a couple to finish b4 I start it. Using this engine would be alot easier in a single set up. Ill post pics as it progresses. Id be interested in a villiers, almost everything Ive got is american made, HUGE engine collection and its getting bigger all the time