Classic low style seat question

GoldenMotor.com

Ancient Order

Feb 29, 2012
Tucson
I'm trying to convert my cruiser into a classic looking board tracker. I've already cut the handlebars and got a shiny new headlight, but I can't seem to find the types of seats where the post hole is up at the front. Is there a way to do that to a normal seat or can you get them somewhere?

Thanks!

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
A lay-back seat post is prob. what you are looking for, they put the rider position back a few inches.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Did you read the whole thread?? Saddles, seats, buttbusters, drawJammers, I don't know what you call them over there in Australia.
Yha Waaayyy!! Better

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
They are "Seats" here in OZ, I know the Gyes is real leather but IMO they don't look anywhere as good as a Brooks, I can't comment on the feel of them as I've never sat on one, but I think the leather looks cheaper on the Gyes. But hey I'm no expert, just an observation.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
The leather is thicker and is even covered with Kevlar on the bottom Gyes are Great saddles stop wasting bigg $$ on a brooks at least check them out I ordered one from the Gyes Co over seas and they went out of there way to get me a saddle of my choice and color as a result of their effort to service me I now have the only one of that particular design and color in the whole world, left my camera in Los Angeles at my nieces house or I'd take a picture of it and post it
My bikes are quality Harry as you've seen and I won't put crap on them or recommend crap either I think A.O. should check them out

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
I haven't even spent as much as a Gyes, I buy them secondhand and restore them.... $30 is the most I've spent, and they have way more character IMO..... But you may very well be right about the Gyes. I have enough seats at home that I'll never buy a new one. But your right AO should check them and make his own mind up