Will NOT run

GoldenMotor.com

joeltrain

Jul 4, 2011
Douglasville GA
Hi my GT5 stopped running all of a sudden. I have tried everything listed. Got 49 volts ac between blue and black with plug out on 1200 rpm drill. I took the entire electrical system off and replaced with new. Still nothing. Grounds are bare metal. Kill switch is deact. Positive fuel flow. New fuel filter and larger volume drain valve. Everything top dead center like in pix. Clutch good. Compression good. :-||New NT stock carb on way. I don't think its that tho. Fires very weakly every 4th revolution. Dies immed on clutching. Ive also changed out the speed carb jets tried .66-.74 no change. PLEASE help before i go insane. I have worked on this for a month and spent lots of money.:-||

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Do you have a wet sparkplug?
Wait until you get the NT on and let us know the outcome, I think the carby is acting up.

bishop letov

Jul 3, 2011
Bucks County , Pennsylvania
to me.. It sounds one of two things... being that you never stated a wet plug...

CDI going out as the chinese mags or Cdi's are known to or you might have a broken piston ring... Which would let too much compression get by and make it a hard start.... But what do I know...

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You said it fires very weakly every fourth round. That sounds like a magneto, magnet or cdi problem. It should fire every round.

joeltrain

Jul 4, 2011
Douglasville GA
ty i have no way to get to newnan:( thx tho also tried starting fluid in intake = nothing? sparks on every rev checked with drill ? timing? is set at tdc why isnt it working?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You said you have tried 3 different CDI's and 2 different magnetos.
How many different spark plugs have you tried?
Are you positive that you do not have the rotor on backwards?

Last edited: