My 3rd build...

GoldenMotor.com

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Just got finished transferring the 4-stroke over from the Jag to the Cranbrook. Took me 3 weeks of working 3 or so days a week and a LOT of hassles with a smaller frame.

One of the problems is the gas tank placement and getting it level on the Cranbrook. Solved it by buying one of the seat post carriers and taking the plastic off it. Using the hardware to mount the tank to the "normal" location...mounted/tightened the tank to the metal bar. Wrapping rubber tubing around the seat post and with my roommate's help...we tightened down the clamp. Does not vibrate or move at all.

Am also running a 14 tooth sprocket in place of the roller on the tensioner.

Have added on side pull brakes (front/back)...but only the fronts are working...since I haven't figured out the dual pull handle I just got today.

Due to stripping out one of the bolts on the mounting plate...have a c-clamp holding the plate in place on the bicycle crank side until I can find someone with a drill that we can drill into the plate. Want to put a more permanent bolt/nut to take care of this cheap made POS at that time. If I can find one of those plates on Ebay where it wouldn't cost almost as much as the plate for shipping...might want to get one of those.

Eventually...want to put another air cleaner on this...but it will have to be one which will not get in place of the frame. Not sure if the UNI High Flow Air Filter & Adapter over at Blow by U will work on getting the element to actually be out of the way of the frame. Currently...the air box sits against the seat post.

Other than a few of the small issues...looking forward to smoother riding and a lot more fun than in the past.

Attachments

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Just came back from the maiden ride of getting the tank filled up with $1.00 worth of gas. Everything was going great until it threw the drive chain from being too loose. Pedaled home and moved the tensioner down the frame to give me more room to take the slack out of the chain.

Took it for a ride in the parking lot of the apartment & when I try to use the coaster brake with the engine running...I have no brake and it feels like the engine is kicking the wheel forward where I can almost stand on trying to use the brake...but it feels like the engine is kicking the pedals forward with about the same force as a mule kicking you. With the engine off...there is a coaster brake.

Checked the arm...still attached. The bike chain is still there and attached.

Before the drive chain flew off...I had a coaster brake...but not now. Any suggestions and/or fixes????

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Witness Protection Program? Ha! I figured out who you are!
Actually...I hate having my picture taken...so using Windows Paint...took out my head. Am one of these people who will put their hand in front of their face if I notice someone taking a pix. I'm kicking myself I didn't think about the smiley face.

Not in the WPP...just have a face a mother could love or learned to wear that pork chop when I was a baby. ;)

Nice bike by the way.
Thank you for the compliment. It's driving me up the wall right now with that rear wheel.