Spark Plug Problems?

GoldenMotor.com

odds10to1

Aug 20, 2008
North Carolina
www.odds10to1.com
Hello Everyone, My spark plug is the one that came with my motor about 20 months ago. My bicycle had gotten hard to crank. I am unable to find a plug that will work. My CDL Unit will only take a plug that has no cap. A regular plug is to large to fit in there. My question(s) are, Can I buy a different CDL that will work? If so, Please tell me where. Also Where can I find a plug with a removable cap?
My motor is an F50 China, or Japan engine. Pedal start. I ride the hound out of that thing, and for a week I've been stuck at home. Please help me. Thank You.

~macaddict~

Jul 29, 2008
Well you could go to an auto store and ask for an NGK plug or a hardware store. What I did was replace the cable itself (the cable un-screws) and then you would be able to use a regular spark plug. Hope this helps.

~Mac~

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Hello Everyone, My spark plug is the one that came with my motor about 20 months ago. My bicycle had gotten hard to crank. I am unable to find a plug that will work. My CDL Unit will only take a plug that has no cap. A regular plug is to large to fit in there. My question(s) are, Can I buy a different CDL that will work? If so, Please tell me where. Also Where can I find a plug with a removable cap?
You can buy a much better B5HS or B6HS NGK spark plug.
You can buy a much better spark plug wire. As mentioned the spark plug wire itself easily unthreads from the CDI unit. New wire threads right in.

Where? Sick Bike Parts Products

odds10to1

Aug 20, 2008
North Carolina
www.odds10to1.com
Thank You ~macaddict~, I never knew you could change the wire in the CDI unit. I didn't want to pay $21.00 plus $9.00 shipping for a new one. I searched 3 hardware stores, and 3 auto parts stores for a plug that matched my orignal plug specks. with no go at all. Nothing even came up in a cross reference to that plug. I have searched the internet for a week, but I don't want to pay $9.00 plus s/h for a 2 dollar plug either. Thank you.

odds10to1

Aug 20, 2008
North Carolina
www.odds10to1.com
Thank You misteright1_99,
None that I have found NGK, Champion, Autolight, Bosch, have a removable cap anymore. All the hardware stores the threaded end of the plug was either to short, or to long. To short, no fire, to long, hits piston. Thank You.