has anyone tried this kit...

GoldenMotor.com

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
No warranty, no manual, no nuthen.
If you look at the drive roller, it looks like an elongated gear used for driving toothed belts:

http://www.auctiva.com/hostedimages...03654104&formats=0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0&format=0

motorized bicycle gas engine rear friction kit 49cc new - eBay (item 190446026798 end time Nov-16-10 14:24:20 PST)

Look at where the bearing is located, are those painted-over welds?

Auctiva Image Hosting

For about the same price you can get a BM or a DAX, friction drive kit, along with a Livefastmotors 40cc engine.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
i dont have that kit but i have that exact engine, its a 49cc motor true to the name and its a clone of a mitsubishi motor. they run pretty good and have lots of power, mine is on a skateboard and i can get up to and over 40kph. hill power is good too, i had this engines little brother too. it looked identical but was 33cc and physicaly allot smaller, it ran great for years until the intake gasket melted away and it got an intake leak then dropped the wrist pin rollers into the crank at 8000rpms. so if you do get it make sure you change the gaskets, also make sure you replace the bolts holding the engine to the frame. there cheap and once on breaks then the engine casting will crack and the motor is worthless, but the clutch and transmissions are very good and quite reliable. i cant speak for the rest of the kit though because it may not be made well.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I built a WW front drive but I haven't got it adjusted yet. I'm still running the rhino ebikes and they work fine. The reason I am giving thought to going back to gas is>

Batteries are heavy. Sometimes I want to make two or three trips right after another and ebikes have to recharge. I really have enough batteries to do that but they are heavy.

I think I am going to wait till spring to build this one. The WW front wheel drive needs some adjusting but I'm going to work on the over the next week or so. I honestly prefer friction drive. They are easy to install these new ones have auto clutch and pull start which is nice. I can change a tire a lot quicker than I can change a wheel when that tensioner flies through the spokes.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I just read that the dealer recommends the 16/1 break in mix and the 32/1 run on this kit. I had no idea that it was a modified version of the motor on the china girl kit. It must be for such a heavy oil gas ratio