Just curious how many others here are unemployed?

GoldenMotor.com
Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I was let go last January but drove a cab in Dallas up till August. Sure am glad it's just me to support besides child support...it's almost like a cheap vacation. I gotta admit it is less stress than the dang cab for sure...truckin too!usflg

Hot Wheels

Jul 7, 2009
chicago
I got laid off 5/08 and still looking, if anyone in chicago is looking for a hard worker that loves MB"S please write me. Thank you, Mark

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
im unemployed right now, but i come from one of those small ass corrupt towns were if your not rich or from the right family your a no body and can never get a call back, so im moving to appleton next month to job hunt there.

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
got let go 2 weeks ago after 10 yrs with the place it was bought out , by another outfit and they sent in the headhunters if you had been there any amount of time and made good money you got the axe, i gotta little severance should be ok thru the winter maybe even the summer ive got my gold mining equipment just a little chilly right now may have to head to az, good luck all frank

FileStyle

May 27, 2008
Decatur,IL
since 03/09 after 12 years of industrial work. Iam glad I dont have to be there in the mess but wish I did have somewhere to draw a check from! until then, unemployment and side jobs such as carpentry and handyman work. the wifey works part time. Iam doing OK for now but uncertain in the future. Iam telling you its a obama-nation.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I knew there were a lot unemployed pretty much can't go anywhere without hearing about it...hang in there it's gonna get better. I don't like to shove religion on folks but consider yourselves prayed for and I'd appreciate the same. Kinda like cold weather having a common enemy draws folks together.

a_dam

Feb 21, 2009
Momence, IL
Me too.

You know this site is filled with a bunch of creative, hard-working go-getters. What a shame that many of us can't even get jobs that we would be way overqualified for.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I don't put nothing past the corporate world...wouldn't surprise me if the whole global economy was nothing but a sham to get people to work for less...the rich get richer the poor get poorer. Wealthy people can afford to not make income for a few years.

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I've been out of work now for more than two years already. Was driving log truck until the wood market got so bad, it put even the diehards out of business. This country is so messed up! All the 2x4's we buy around here come from Canada and we got more wood around here and there isn't a stinking market for it!

That's the price we pay for living in a beautiful country! So, instead of working I went back to college.

I can't complain, eventually I'm going to move out of here and go where the jobs are.

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
i agot 17000 trucks to maintain...we just laid off 6...im so glad they didnt go by senority, cause id be screwed...they didnt go by pay either cause once again id get screwed...there is talk that the big shots are going to do another lay off...im fighting...i probaby got the best numbers in the company...im working like im flat rate still..there is no incentive for it but i need my job...the boss likes me but i dont kiss ass...

after hearing you guys...maybe your job only depends on how far your nose is up these *******s butts...my question is: how many CEO's got laid off....they are the people that sold us out....i wanna burn down naperville, ill...

christopher fowler

Dec 17, 2009
p a washington
I have been underemployed for a few months now.up here in the northwest employers make you sign an at will employment paper!it basicaly allows them to terminate you any time they feel like your not pleasing them!this is b s,i am comitted to stand up on my own. I have worked in bike shops for past 15 years it is my turn to control my destiny!stay tuned ! stay positive! Good stuff will happen!

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
Unemployed but forced to retire-63 years old-i miss it greatly--last night i had a dream (reoccurs often) that i owned my company again--but alas it would take a supehuman effort to restore it--thats why i love these motorized bikes you cant worry when your blasting down the road at full throttle !