Geez Louise, what is that SMELL???

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Rainy weather here in the north country. I have my Worksman sitting in the small living area of my trailer, fitting new fenders and doing what I can to get it ready for a motor. I remembered that I had a still in the package throttle assembly and decided to go ahead and mount it on the handlebar... tore open the plastic and man oh man, does that thing smell! When I get a new engine I generally open it up outside so that the stink can dissipate. Two different venders and it all smells the same. It still smells in here a day later from that one throttle and hand grip. Even the dog doesn't care for it it and she likes to roll in dead fish, dead toad in the road, nasty things. If she thinks the kits smell bad, then it has to be.
What is that? Something in the plastic? Some kind of shark oil lubricant? Inquiring minds want to know. It makes me feel sorry for the Chinese factory workers.
Silverbear

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
That is the smell of unstablized rubber decomposing . The hand grips and rag joint are the source of your oderiferous emmination.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I remember opening the old Monogram Models!!!! They has a delicious smell unlike any other model car.
I have often thought about buying one just to open it and see if they still smell the same.

xlite

Jun 18, 2009
ny,ny
I remember opening the old Monogram Models!!!! They has a delicious smell unlike any other model car.
I have often thought about buying one just to open it and see if they still smell the same.
Persinaly is waz thu glu thet gav me as thril. :)

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I also remember thinking the world was going to **** in a handbasket when I had to buy my first tube of that orange smelling "non-sniffable" glue from testors.