62cc engine help!!

GoldenMotor.com

Kinsaka

Aug 19, 2009
Corpus(Texas)
Apparently I put in a link in my post.

I installed a 62cc engine from DAX. Everything's installed, unfortunately It seems I can no longer pedal the bike. Any help? Also does the gas tank need to be over the engine or can I mount it behind the engine on my bike rack.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
You need to pull in and lock the clutch in order to pedal. Your tank can go on the rack but make sure that the bottom of the tank is higher than the carb. the engines are gravity fed so if the bottom of the tank is your at or below the carb, you wont get fuel.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
Yes an no. There will be friction and if you are trying to turn the sprocket by hand it will be very tough. With the clutch pulled in and locked, push the clutch actuator further towards the engine and try to roll the bike. Perhaps its not adjusted properly. When adjusted right it is like neutral but a bit more friction.

vicsvw

May 12, 2009
USA
I have a GasBike kit and there is no way to adjust the clutch to free-wheel. If you do adjust the clutch to free wheel then the clutch slips. I have contacted GasBike but can not get a reply back. I talked a friend into getting one and he has the same problem. Once under way he adj. the clutch while riding. Must be a better way. Vic

Kinsaka

Aug 19, 2009
Corpus(Texas)
I think Im going to actually get another bike to mount the engine on, as the gas tank is no way going to over the engine. As for the clutch how would i get it adjusted for it free wheel without it slipping?