japan vs. china

GoldenMotor.com

jonboy2five

Jul 23, 2008
spring tx horth suburb of houston
i just wanted to warn the newbies that easy flow improvements are not always there to be found. i guess the japanese engines have better tolerances because i took apart my mitsubishi and all the gaskets and manifolds lined up really well on both intake and exhaust. thats not to say you cant port it...

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
have you ever seen a chinese motor of any sort in any class of racing? japanese? american? english? german? italian? on and on. dont expect much when you fit a chinese engine on a chinese bike from walmart. if that satisfies your desires. i think you are setting your sights a mite low. mitch.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, but the China fire engines allow the shade tree mechanic to make hot rodding improvements for little or no money, with the Japanese engines, power cost $$$.

BTW- China is going to have a race bike or two this year and they just bought out/resurected a major lable...Benelli?

Brains

Jul 21, 2008
Adelaide Australia
The chinese will get better with time as most of the major players like Honda, Suzuki, even Apprilla ect, ect are manufacturing many of their components in their, even as far as part assembly, even some of the Italian Vespa models are being totally produced in China, so this technology they are being taught will filter down the line and we will all benefit, eventually we will be buying our components from India as the china produced products will be level playing field with Japan quality assurance & engineered product and final price will increase to end consumer because of this

Jemma Hawtrey

Dec 29, 2007
Essex, UK
Yes, but the China fire engines allow the shade tree mechanic to make hot rodding improvements for little or no money, with the Japanese engines, power cost $$$.

BTW- China is going to have a race bike or two this year and they just bought out/resurected a major lable...Benelli?
there is the slight point that the reason the Japanese motors cost $$$ to further tune is they are pretty much ideally tuned already and the companies involved have researched and tested the engines. The Chengines in comparison are only state of the art if the art is pottery...

Oh gods - the chinese got hold of another make... now they have AJS/Rover?MG/Benelli and thats just the ones I know about.

Strangely though the Chbikes arent all that bad - the one thing they arent is ride and forget - if you dont look after them they will start to rust/play up

Jemma xx

amiga65

Jun 27, 2009
Cheyenne Wy
there is the slight point that the reason the Japanese motors cost $$$ to further tune is they are pretty much ideally tuned already and the companies involved have researched and tested the engines. The Chengines in comparison are only state of the art if the art is pottery...

Oh gods - the chinese got hold of another make... now they have AJS/Rover?MG/Benelli and thats just the ones I know about.

Strangely though the Chbikes arent all that bad - the one thing they arent is ride and forget - if you dont look after them they will start to rust/play up

Jemma xx
Why do We insist on paying more on maintainance and upkeep just to save a few bucks on the buy in when We could have paid a few bucks more for quality and reliability in the first place?

Jemma I guess You can add Hummer and a few other ammerican autos to Your list:-||

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Two weeks ago I put one together for a local guy that was really nice...the engine was a 48 or 49. It did not vibrate at all...It had as much, or more, power than any 70 I have installed.

Three weeks ago I put one together for another customer, and it vibrated so bad I couldn't wait to get off of it.

I told the guy with the 48...If you like this bike, don't sell it...you may never see this kind of performance again.

Jim

amiga65

Jun 27, 2009
Cheyenne Wy
Didn't mean to wake a year old thread but where are we going? We buy a Bic lighter insted of a zipo, yes cost efective at the momment, but in a week it goes in the trash bin. add this analogy to anything, coffie machines, blenders, tools, motors. I am by no means rich but I would gladdly pay a bit more for Quality. prob is I love the look of these cheap motors.