Opinion on Kits

GoldenMotor.com

Popeye

Apr 6, 2015
La Mirada

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Amen to that,done a lot of ready here and DAX seems to be the best for the money,without doing a lot of work. A lot of people have to keep fiddling with and working on china engines. were as DAX is balanced and vibration free. I don't own one,but just what all the experienced guys have run.............Curt

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I'll second what Cannonball2 says... Go with Dax, there's a big difference in quality with his engines compared to the others. I'm running a Dax bottom end on mine and run it past 10,000 rpm all the time with no complaints or vibration.

For the engines... Dax is the only place I buy from for my builds
For parts, I get the other parts from several other places like mzmiami on ebay, Fred's site www.crmachine.com for heads, Jake's for other performance parts, BGF motor on ebay for those kits with everything but the engine, and I got a few decent sources for the better large port cylinders. mzmiami also sells the cylinders with the 40mm bolt spacing on the intakes which are a really good base for a high performance build.
Another seller to consider is Venicemotorbikes.com since he's in the process of developing a new high performance head that looks great and should work just as well, I'll be buying one if his heads too once they go up for sale.
I also use www.treatland.tv for several performance parts, these aren't made for these engines but some stuff bolts right on and other stuff needs a little modification to fit.

BOYGOFAST

Sep 28, 2013
Citrus Springs Fl.
Got a hot item on eBay it's a 212 cc 6.5 hp Preditor weights in at 38 lbs ship weight from what I see looks easy to work with centrifugal clutch or for the advanced you can likely build a clutch set with bell house and attach a stater to it it's a smart looking 4 stroke and with a Workman or better bike frame it's likely the best to start with. I'd suggest the steel frame bike only one or two I can think of..

Popeye

Apr 6, 2015
La Mirada
Thanks for the reply's guys, Dax it is then. Davzilla thanks for the vendor recommendations it will help with putting a bike together,all I got is a frame right now.

Any of you know where I can get some cheap heavy duty rims with coaster brake? Looking for black rims with silver spokes.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Hey all Looking at getting a kit soon and wanted some opinions here.

Thanks in advance
Nothing like buying a kit from a local dealer less than 10 miles from you. :)

I have the 40 mm stroke PK 80 style 69 cc motors that everyone likes.
The motors now have really nice ports on them too.

Many upgraded parts in the kit, like all allen head bolts on the motor.
41 tooth sprocket, Speed carb, 4 bolt non slip chain tensioner, etc, etc.

A top of the line kit that I assemble and quality control the motor on.

You will save a lot of money, plus have local support and parts available. :)

You can't beat buying in person to check it all out before the sale.
thanks.