Adding a Pull Start

GoldenMotor.com
Mar 5, 2014
Eastwood
Sorry if i put this in the wrong category but does anyone know i can put a pull start or kick start on my 48cc Chinese Ebay motorised bike kit because I am sick of having to pedal start and i want to start with the bike idling instead of running then idling.

Thank you in advance

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Here's a pic for one at a good price on eBay , sorry I can't post links , as Theon says though it adds an inch to the mag and every bike I've looked at has cranks that won't allow it to fit and will need an extended crank kit to fit

Attachments

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2014
Eastwood
So your saying that I will have to get a pull start and a extended crank set, what is that anyway? Are you able to give me a estimate of the extended crank set and anything else I need, don't worry if you cant.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Wide crank kits are available from most 4 stroke kit vendors. SBP, Dax, etc.
You will need to know the size and style of your current bottom bracket to order the correct kit.

Mar 5, 2014
Eastwood
Is their some way I can remove my pedals and pedal arms, then have motorbike studs from a old motorbike then add the pull start which I can no longer pedal.

If I did this would it then mean the only thing I would need is a pull start conversion kit which is the picture in the top of the thread.

Henshooter

Feb 10, 2014
Melbourne au
Is their some way I can remove my pedals and pedal arms, then have motorbike studs from a old motorbike then add the pull start which I can no longer pedal.

If I did this would it then mean the only thing I would need is a pull start conversion kit which is the picture in the top of the thread.
In theory yes but you need a bit of roll speed to take off ,and not sure if it's the same where you are but removing the pedals in my state means it is then classed as a moped and requires licensing to ride as well as a moped riding permit

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Unless you have a shift kit or very low gearing, you will need your pedals.
You may be able to find a shorter crank set, ie. 157mm instead of 170mm and then a longer bottom bracket shaft, then your pedals may not scrape while cornering?

Mar 5, 2014
Eastwood
If i had the bike in Speed 1 does that work as a low gear?

Also will it be hard to put the pull start on or do i just replace a cover or something any help is appreciated.