Bearings Tearing apart after week two

GoldenMotor.com

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
Hi im have a G5 66cc Grumbee Sky Hawk. Its now been 2 weeks riding the bike and the second gallon of fuel and already the bearings are falling apart. I need help in understanding:

How many bearings are there?

How do i get to them?

What are the best bearings i can get for them (nothing super expensive please)

WERE CAN I GET THESE BEARINGS?

How much time will it take to replace them?

recon chris

Apr 28, 2011
pacific grove
When i pull the cluch in the bearing noise remains as long as the engine is running. So im going to replace all the bearings that are in the engine. This includes the wrist pinion bearing in the pison head and all other bearings in the crank case. I don't think ill have to replace any bearings in the clutch asembly i don't think those have failed yet.

spad4me

Jan 20, 2008
Arizona Bullhead
When i pull the cluch in the bearing noise remains as long as the engine is running. So im going to replace all the bearings that are in the engine. This includes the wrist pinion bearing in the pison head and all other bearings in the crank case. I don't think ill have to replace any bearings in the clutch asembly i don't think those have failed yet.
Stop !!!
Do you have aircooled oil in the fuel.
Next.
Check and grease first.
There are four places to grease.
Remove the big cover from the side without the chain.
Look for metal shavings or scratches.

1. The bean sized blob between the big gear and the small gear.

2. Using a grease gun needle tip or the white aerosol grease from wallmart spray the 56 small bearings under the clutch.

3. Remove the carb and the cable end bolt from the top of the engine block, where the end of the clutch cable goes.
Force lots of grease into the hole this is where the actual clutch spring and bearings are.
Either with a grease gun or the rest of the can of wallmart white aerosol grease.
4. Remove the chain sprocket cover.
Look for scratches or metal shavings.
Carefully remove the metal rod from the center of the sprocket.
Carefully remove the small ball bearing from the center of the sprocket.
force grease into the hole. Then push the small bearing in. Add more grease if necessary.
Push the rod into the hole.
Grease the actuator (Bucking Bar).
Put all the covers back on.
Reinstall the clutch cable end holder , the carb , and the clutch cable. Adjust the clutch.
You should have greased all of these pointw when you were building your motorized bicycle.
As long as you are greasing .
Don't forget to grease the front and rear wheel bearings.