hello all.need help and fast.

GoldenMotor.com

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
I,m looking to build my first bike and it's really nerve recking finding the right set-up.I have a Schiwn Marada 21 speed mountian bike with a pull behind trailer that you put kids in for my 40lb pup and we go everywhere 2-gether,I'm looking 4 something that will last for the long haul for daily commuting and up-hill riding.I live in California and need help with finding that right kit.I was leaning towards a rear mount 4 stroke kit any ideas?PS-Dax is out of there kits(titan) for 2-3 weeks please help!!!!!!!!!!..crt..c

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
This is the kit I have:

Subaru Robin Motor Gear Chain TRIKE Bike engine Bicycle - eBay (item 120507410680 end time Feb-14-10 17:22:09 PST)

Do yourself a favor and just buy their custom wheel. It's very good quality and was straight as an arrow.

It will pull all but the steepest hills here without pedaling at about 250 lbs. total weight. I live in the rockies where there's LOTS of hills.

I used Bing and Ebates cashback to get 14% back. The Bing has dropped now, with both of them it would be 10% cashback.

I LOVE my Staton. The kit was very easy to install and is very high quality. There's a lifetime warranty on the gearbox, though I doubt I'll ever need it. That little R/S engine is the little engine that could. For it's size it has an amazing amount of power.

I hate to say this since DAX's customer service has been nothing short of amazing but their Titan just doesn't ride like the Staton for me. No matter what I do I get bad grinding of the chain/sprockets. I've replaced the small sprockets and bought a Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter and sprocket, that helped a fair amount, but it still grinds and just doesn't compare to the ride of the Staton. The Staton is also the only true freewheel set up I know of without having to disengage anything, just let off the throttle and you're coasting.

If you're interested in a DAX I'd sell mine. It has quite a few extra parts too. Maybe you'd have better luck with it than I have.

Last edited:

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
PM me and I'll tell you what all I have and give you a price. Like I said I've got quite a few extra parts to go with it.

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
well i finally ordered my first kit.We'll see how the install goes.It's an 80cc raw engine kit 2-stroke from zone 8 cycleling and it's on sale from 199 to 109 with an upgraded clutch and an x-tr fuel filter I'm so excited i can't wait.I also repainted my bike and the trailer frame i'll send pics soon.drn2.crt.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
well i finally ordered my first kit.We'll see how the install goes.It's an 80cc raw engine kit 2-stroke from zone 8 cycleling and it's on sale from 199 to 109 with an upgraded clutch and an x-tr fuel filter I'm so excited i can't wait.I also repainted my bike and the trailer frame i'll send pics soon.drn2.crt.
Cool Kornbread! Welcome to the insane addiction.

kornbread

Jan 19, 2010
California
Well my Raw engine kit came in finally WooHoo!!!!!! but i haven't had any time to work on it yet.
I'm in the middle of decideing wether to buy a new bike or not because mine is just worn and needs some minor work but i ordered the kit from zone 8 and got it the next day so i'm stoked and can't wait to start working on it
brnot