oil change

GoldenMotor.com

karma1968

Oct 6, 2009
hamilton
is there any mod out there to make changing the oil in a 4 stroke easier? without removing the motor?
pics please if you have made any changes with a elbow or whatever.

thanks

cheersxct2

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That is awesome Bill. Do you remember Hough's? His is a longer hose. I am thinking try it like yours. Think it looks cleaner. Do you remember the bolt size? Come to think of it, have no oil in the Honda right now and can just bring it with me to get another bolt.

Any advise on drilling it? seems like it would be a pain. I am planning on screwing it into wood then drilling

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
the drill press I used has a vice
I used the orig bolt to plug the hose
I changed to fuel injector hose clamps as well (stronger than the worm gear type)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I have been using the "Tip method" Some how seems disrespectful to me. I let the oil run off the mounting plate into a catch-pan, then wipe it down. Aside from a bit messy, just seems wrong.

Then again, the mounting plate is rust free and shiny.

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
I have been using the "Tip method" Some how seems disrespectful to me. I let the oil run off the mounting plate into a catch-pan, then wipe it down. Aside from a bit messy, just seems wrong.

Then again, the mounting plate is rust free and shiny.

oh? i just tip mine over on the ground. i let the oil run wherever it wants. then i spray the bike with a hose,(which somehow still works in -20 weather?)

glacknoid

Oct 22, 2008
robbinsdale MN
I found drainzit hoses at northern tools that are made for no mess oil draining of small engines. Check out the northern tools web site and type in drainzit oil changeing aid. You do have to use a die to turn the threads on the hose down to the 8mm motor oil drain hole size though. I turned the hose male end down to a 9mm and taped the motor drain hole up to 9mm from 8mm so that the male end of the hose didn't end up too thin and end up breaking when tightened down.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
i also found if your in a hurry tinfoil works great as a funnel or to route it
Cool idea Karma.

Wanted to make preinstalled drain lines up for the Shelly-belly kits. The Honda's are M8x1.25 Could not find manufactured nipples in that size. Any Ideas? The Linfan engine is bigger and dunno the size yet.

Drilling out bolts works but is a pain if you wanna do a bunch.