66 cc

GoldenMotor.com

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
Hi Norm. I have a 66 cc that will not start. I have installed a new carb, a new plug and wire, a new cdi, and changed the magneto, but it will not start. It sounds like it wants to but will not start.

When it quit, fuel was running out of the front of the carb. I tried and tried to get the float right, but gave up and bought a new carb; still will not start. I have run out of ideas.

Is there something I'm missing here?? Right before it quit, it was running just fine and then the carb flooded over and it's not run since.

Am going out and pull it behind the car if I don't get an answer soon.

Any ideas would be appreciated!!!! I NEED TO RIDE!!!!

Thanks, Gary in Oregon

pino.

Last edited:

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
ride the bike with the spark plug out and the fuel turned off let out the clutch to purge out any remaining fuel. with the spark plug out and the engine turning over you should be able to get all unburned fuel out of the engine through the spark plug hole and the exhaust, holding the throttle wide open while doing the pedaling with the engine engaged .
Then using a clean or new spark plug set your spark plug gap at 0.017 to 0.020 gap check for spark by laying the plug on the cylinder if you do have spark then install the spark plug. If you don't get it to fire then turn on the fuel and try it. use the choke as needed.

Last edited:

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
First, the kill switch is not hooked up, and there is no contact between the wires.

Norm, I will try what you have suggested tomorrow morning.

Thanks guys for responding. I am killing myself peddling that thing; difficult chore with severe copd.
When I have tried your suggestions, I will get back to you and let you know what I have discovered. And again, thanks for rsponding!

Gary

[email protected]

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
The kill switch wires have to be connected. That's your problem right there. This kill switch isn't like regular kill switches that ground out the signal, this switch actually breaks connection when pressed.

Whenever you discover a problem, you ALWAYS go back to what you fixed/replaced/modified/removed when the problem happened and verify that wasn't the problem. Only once you've done that, do you move on to other things.

*edit* actually no, I'm sorry, I'm thinking of a different engine. Disregard that.

Last edited:

Hiigel

Oct 23, 2010
Eastern Oregon
Ok, I never minded. Turns out it was the head gasket was bad. Not having a new one, I cut two to match from regular gasket material and ssandwitched the metal gasket between. So far so good, or at least till I get a new one.

Thanks for your input.