49cc 4 stroke problems. its about time!!

GoldenMotor.com

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I agree, having worked 10+ yrs towing in the canadian winter, I vote iced up carb and/or gas :)

(my dad grew up, and I spent many summers at my grandparents house on Hunter st, near the park with the jet display...east end of Dundas :))

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
ok its not the carb, i think i may know what it is, ever since this thread started i have been driving my bike like normal, and now when sitting at a light the bike shudders trying to move forwards a bit, if i pick the back off the ground the tire rotates, i think my clutch is engaging way to low and thats whats making the engine shudder, like on a car if the revs are to low and you disengage the clutch it shudders then speeds up, so i thinkt he clutch is toast,

wdbtchr

Jan 31, 2008
Juneau, Ak
ok its not the carb, i think i may know what it is, ever since this thread started i have been driving my bike like normal, and now when sitting at a light the bike shudders trying to move forwards a bit, if i pick the back off the ground the tire rotates, i think my clutch is engaging way to low and thats whats making the engine shudder, like on a car if the revs are to low and you disengage the clutch it shudders then speeds up, so i thinkt he clutch is toast,
Aaah, that would do it. Broken spring, or high idle maybe. Sounds like you have two problems. Always hardest to diagnose. :>)

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
Aaah, that would do it. Broken spring, or high idle maybe. Sounds like you have two problems. Always hardest to diagnose. :>)

its not a high idle, i know that for sure, i think the clutch springs have worn out and are not srong enough, i will run it till its dead then get a new clutch. its ok if i pedal to get going