Any recomondations on a cheap controler?

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I am building an E Quad for the kids.
I had it working as a trike, but need a new controller,
I had a look around on E bay, and just thought I'd ask here before buying, just hoping for some suggestions as to which one is better in the lowest price range?
would like something that is upgradable to 350w and maybe run 24v or36.
So I imagine a 500w would keep me safe?
Would prefer thumb control,
Should I just buy the cheapest one I can find?
Or how much should I spend on a kids toy?
Any advice is appreciated,
Cheers.

Last edited:

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I shouldn't answer cause I always buy the cheapest one. I do that cause I usually screw it up during installation. I bought three at one time a few months ago and I still have them' That is due to law of universal perversity. It says if you have a spare, you wont need it, but if you don't you will.

Five hundred watt3 on flat ground and if you have a secondary propulsion system should work. But then so will 350 you just have to pedal a little harder on the hills and learn to enjoy the scenery on the flats.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
This just has to push kids around the flat at 20 Kph for now. I had my gearing sorted and it all working, infact it was a little fast for the smaller kids.

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
The genuine controller for the Razor MX650 will handle up to 48V and 1000W and is excellent IMO, great choice for a cheap reliable controller.

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Cheers, just looking on Ebay, and the MX650 controller I'm seeing say's min 31.5V.
Was hopping to start off with 24V.
But thankyou.
The Kelly does look good, not sure what I'd pay here though.

Last edited: