Chelada vs Wulf Hot Rod Build For DMB

GoldenMotor.com

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Started a new build last month for my good friend DMB, he rode my ebike and got hooked so this is it. The Chelada part is for all those beers he showed up with all the time and the Wulf is for the Ruff cycles German made frame and seat he purchased for the build. Pictures to follow....

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Got such a nice platform to build on so we decided to do it right. The color scheme was the help of my son who has a real eye for design, Candy red powder, gloss black rims, stainless spokes and silver hubs. We chose nickel accents to add a bit of bling, such a great combo.

Attachments

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i'm lucky to have a premier, multi award winning builder build my bike for me. i know he's put alot of time working every single part to make things fit perfectly, believe me this is not a put together bike. it is a one off masterpiece, the first of its kind. lucky me, thanks Bro.

Gbrebes

Jul 16, 2010
Los angeles
Sweet Ride guys.

Those rims are nice and fat, just how I like them.

Is that frame built for a fat tire bike? Those rims look really wide, but seem to fit easily.

Dennis is a lucky guy. But from what I have seen of him, he absolutely deserves it. Salt of the earth.

I feel thankful to know you guys, two super friendly, down to earth dudes.

Gilbert

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Gilbert you and Dennis are always a good time.

Road this bike to work all week and road it hard and fast with no issues, its going to be hard to turn over but I know DMB will really enjoy it as I did.

More pictures:

Attachments

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Yes indeed Jeff, that's a work of FAST moving art right there!!!

You gotta be a proud owner Dennis, you do deserve everything you get for giving like you do and I thank you as well! Hope to see you guys soon...

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
as nice as it looks, pictures don't do this bike justice. i took it down to H.B. to watch the air show, and i had to park miles away, no problem with my bad knees, this bike has peddle assist in five modes and three speeds. it will climb hills with ease. cruzzin the bike path for four hours, the show was over so back to my car and the battery showed full charge. the next day i road off to vets for the M/C and bicycle swap, felt like i was the star of the show. thanks dennis

Last edited:

SilentRider

Aug 19, 2014
Massachusetts
Very nice build! Did you get the Bafang BBSHD hot rod programed to remove the 30 mph speed limit, if so what is the top speed you get on flat road with this setup?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I like it! Awesome bike Jeff. I like how you can barely tell it's an ebike.
Now Dennis' gasser will not see the light of day anymore!

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Very nice build! Did you get the Bafang BBSHD hot rod programed to remove the 30 mph speed limit, if so what is the top speed you get on flat road with this setup?

Yea, top speed and 0-60 time please!! .wee.

Looks great. Love the thick slicks look. Are those better than the cst cyclops?

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
This is DMB's and yes it has the hot rod version on it. During me testing it I was able to pull 40 on flat land with my fat ass on it. I am sure DMB rides it in a very conservative way and feel 30MPH is fast enough for him. Range is the key word for this bike and when assisted will exceed 30 miles.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Hey Jeff. Did you have any clearance issues with the American BB vs the BBSHD? I had to shave some metal off the motor case to fit the motor to the bike on my Felt "Taxi" build.