Titan On Bike E !! Yes !!!

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Ok.. I got the Titan mounted on my new Bike E recumbent.. WOW!! I had no idea the Bike E would be this much fun !! The Titan mounted fantastic !! The Support brackets are perfect !! Since the support brackets have the curve in them, this made them perfect for going over the derailleur cable for the right side of the bike . It fits perfect !! The extra work came with mounting the rear sprocket. The rear hub is both free wheel and internal. No kidding. It is a 2 speed internal with a 7 chain ring free wheel. The internal 2 speed makes up for the single chain ring up front. I believe that is the idea anyway.. I just find the gear I like and leave it there. But.. Again.. The rear sprocket was a pain. I had to drill 9 new holes in my 36T alloy (see Pictures). I also had to drill my rubber rag joint donut as well. I only used one rubber ring or Donut and bumped the sprocket up next to the spokes. When I tightened down the sprocket real tight, it did bow it in ever so slightly but no matter... Chain runs on it smooth and
fast !! The long chain kept getting lose when I would squeeze it together with my fingers. This is a good test to do to make sure you have everything solid before you ride. You grab the chain or put your grip around both sides of the chain and then try to squeeze it together. If there is any flex or sag or lack of stiffness, it will show itself when you do the squeeze thing. MY problem was that I could not mount the torque arm to the bike frame since it is aluminum and I did not want to drill on the bike. But.. I found a great solution as you can see in the pics, I mounted dual torque arms to the support brackets. I had to ream out the support bracket slot a little to accommodate the diameter of the torque rod. But.. It works great !!! As you throttle the motor, one torque arm is pulling the other is pushing and it makes for a super stiff setup !! I may have to incorporate this idea into Titan R4. This works great and does not add much weight doing it. Clearance is good enough to run the 415 Chain. Wow !! It is close.. But.. The 415 does not touch at all !! A BMX chain would even give more performance and even more clearance. But.. Since I had the 415 chain, I used it as any customer would use the Titan kit. I only had to use the 36T alloy, and the additional Torque rod. Bolting the torque rod to the T bracket works great as well. When you tighten the chain or make Chain adjustments, you have an extra nut to loosen but not a big deal. Once everything gets broken in, you hardly ever tighten the chain anyway.. Only at first do you have to hassle with chain tightening. So.. All in all... A super nice ride !!! Bike E is an awesome Recumbent and an Awesome way to go !! The only concern I have is that there is not a lot of place on this bike to mount a head light, speedo, and bell. The E Bike just does not have a lot of bar space as the EZ1 does.. I make have to come up with something because I do need a headlight, bell, and speedo. Humm.... I will think of something. I really like this bike. It is awesome !! The only thing better would be the E bike with full suspension. That would be tops !! O yea.. The grease in the Headset seems thick and the steering is slow because of it. I need to repack or adjust the headset. This headset does not look like a normal bike head set with adjustable nut. Does anyone know the trick to adjusting the headset on an E bike ? Let me know.. Thanks.. And.. Enjoy the ride...

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Here are the rest of the pics since you can only post 5 pics per post.. O yes.. I forgot to mention.. The bolts do not look tight on the sprocket, but they are.. Also.. I am using the 114 inch throttle cable. I had a lot of slack as you can see. I will try the 75 incher later and see if that fits better. The Stock throttle cable is 45 inch and I thought the 114 was needed since I used it on the EZ1. But.. The E bike is somewhat shorter and after all the work of lubing and routing the 114, I did not want to remove it and install the shorter cable. I just wanted to ride !!! And Ride I did.. And.. Wow.. What a ride !!! Bike E is awesome !!!

Attachments

Last edited:

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
DAX, LOOKS GREAT. THAT TITAN 4 STROKE ENGINE CLUTCH IS FOR THE 78MM CLUTCH DRUM?? IT WOULD HAVE MANY OPTIONS THEN. BRETT MAVERICK SAID SOMETHING, YOU SELL A 10 TOOTH HT MOTOR SPROCKET FOR BICYCLE CHAIN? WILL BICYCLE CHAIN LAST A WHILE?? THAT MOTOR SOUNDS SWEET ON YOUR AUDIO. LATER RON..rd..we.

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Yes... Correct.. The Bell is 78mm ID. IT does fit many other motors for sure. IT is a bullet proof gear box with a spline PTO. IT works great. I have heard of 2 Bells breaking the shaft going into the gear box. This happens because some factories fail to grease the collar bolts on the clutch pack causing unequal pressure on the bell. Like bending a paper clip over and over again.. Till it breaks. To prevent this, simply unload the clutch springs and then remove the collar bolts and put a tiny bit of grease on the side of the collar bolt and then reinstall. Doing this assures you will have even pressure on the bell housing and no breakage later on down the road..

Also.. I rode my Bike E another 30 plus miles today. This new Dual Torque arm setup is trick !! It is solid!! My Chain is staying perfectly adjusted . Normally, you would have to adjust your chain tension 2 or 3 times for break in and then it would stay. With this new setup, it stays put at adjustment 1 !! Yes !! I will have to try this Dual Torque arm setup on other bikes. This seems like a great step forward in the Titan Evolution. Thanks.. And.. Enjoy the ride.....

Last edited:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Hey Large.. When you get a chance, you will have to come down and try this Bike E. It is awesome !! Smooth and fast. You will love it !! Let me know when you can swing down this way..... Thanks..

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Here is the latest. I have around 300 miles now on my New Bike E . Here it is shown with a Burley and wind screen or windshield. This is a fantastic setup. The only improvement would be a full Suspension Bike E. Those are rare and hard to find. I found one with rear suspension in CA. Ideally, I would love the full suspension version. The search is on. Enjoy the pictures.. and.. as Always.. Enjoy the ride.....

Attachments

knucklepanshovel

Jan 29, 2009
Virginia
Here is the latest. I have around 300 miles now on my New Bike E . Here it is shown with a Burley and wind screen or windshield. This is a fantastic setup. The only improvement would be a full Suspension Bike E. Those are rare and hard to find. I found one with rear suspension in CA. Ideally, I would love the full suspension version. The search is on. Enjoy the pictures.. and.. as Always.. Enjoy the ride.....

there is a rear suspension advertised around 50 miles from me on craigslist in Roanoke Virginia do a search & it was listed feb 2, guy says price is $350
not sure if link will work. if you like it & need it shipped & guy wont holler this way I am sure I could help you out.

one of these days when money allows I want to try one of your titans they look good.

Randy

Last edited by a moderator:

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Well.. I put about 60 miles on my Bike E Titan Engine today. I had to fill up 3 times. Pulling a Trailer really knocks the fuel mileage down. Pulling a trailer with 30-60lbs of stuff yields around 115mpg. That is down from around 140 with my 20inch wheel. I have gotten as high as 158mpg. But.. Only 115mpg with a trailer loaded with 40lbs or so and a big time wind to boot. Wow !! I must say.. The Bike E recumbent that I have does not have as big a back rest or as big a seat cushion as the Sun EZ-1. And.. This does make a difference. Not so much the back rest as the seat. After 50 miles or so.. My Butt was getting a little tired and sore. This did not happen with me on my Sun EZ-1. I went over 60 miles on one outing and my butt never got tired. But.. All in all. The Bike E recumbent is a great ride. If you take breaks, I am sure you can go all day. Most of the Bike E's that I have seen and that were made had the larger seat and back rest. I guess I bought the low end intro version. But still.. A great ride..... So far I have over 400 miles now on this Bike E Titan powered Recumbent.. I have not had to mess with any of my drive chains at all. I has just been gas and go !! I love this setup.. I wish these recumbents were more affordable for everyone. They are tops when it comes to riding on smooth hard surfaces. They are the best by far.. Enjoy the ride..