My Huasheng 4-stroke FD Build (Help please!)

GoldenMotor.com

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Been working on this for almost a year now, with plenty of bumps in the road...

So that's a Subaru Eh035 on a Staton-inc friction drive, I'm going to change it out to a Huasheng but I want to buy the right parts on the first go round.

I'll be buying the engine itself from Gasbike.net
First off, can anybody confirm that the Huasheng will be compatible with the staton-inc kit I am currently using? (I'm worried that the Subaru clutch is not similar to the Huasheng)

What size/brand fuel line should I buy to hook it up with a large teardrop fuel tank (sold by dax). Also what throttle do I need to buy? All I know is that a standard china girl throttle will not be compatible.

Thanks in advance, I'll be posting pictures to show my progress.

Willy79

Aug 15, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
I have built up the same setup that you are doing. See my thread http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=52957 which is dated 02-04-2014. I removed a Honda 35 and the Huasheng engine fit with no problem. I am not sure what you are asking about the throttle. I make my own throttle cable and lever so I can't tell you where to purchase the correct ones. I used the same gas tank and built a bracket to elevate the tank higher than the carberater.

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
Hi, thanks for the reply. Yeah I'm wondering where to buy the correct *twist* throttle, like the ones found on the china girl kits.

Dang, I just saw that on gasbike that the HS went up to $180, should've bought it earlier...

Last edited:

Willy79

Aug 15, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Gasbike.net has the twist grip throttle and the clear fuel line that I used. It looks to be 3/16 to 1/4 ID and came with the Grubie Skyhawk 4G kit I purchased. I have since sold the parts of that kit which I did not use. I think you will really like the bike that you are building. I love mine. It cruses on the level with the throttle slightly open, it is great on hills and is very quiet. The tear drop fuel tank gives you great range and I think looks nice mounted on the rear of the bike. Best of luck.