Boygofast Velo solex clone engine

GoldenMotor.com

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
What ever happened to those? I used to see them on eBay but I haven't recently. Were they any good? Just wondering. I've always liked the look of the Velo solex.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
The one I got was so good I had to spend a extra hundred bucks to fix it so I could ride it a whole 20 miles.

Then I threw it inna trash.

Have fun!

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
Gotcha....I wasn't expecting much. I just thought it would be a fun project. I guess that's the reason they aren't around

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The one I got was so good I had to spend a extra hundred bucks to fix it so I could ride it a whole 20 miles.

Then I threw it inna trash.

Have fun!
Mike be kind. Im still riding mine. Agreeably they require some tweeking but of all the motorized bicycles I had this is the one that has the biggest smile factor when riding!

thxcuz

Jul 26, 2012
St.louis
I was hoping to find one and stick it on a 24 inch girls bike or something. But when I take into consideration that a) they don't sell them anymore and 2) as far as engines go, I don't know which end of a wrench to blow into.
I guess I should save my money and get a working Velo solex if and when one shows up in CL. Or just get the 4 stroke kit like I was planning in getting last week. Decisions, decisions.
(I can field strip a bicycle or a banjo and have it back together in no time, I can fix your guitar too but engines are new to me. I guess I was a newbee at banjos too once)

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Nothin' but the truth there. No added malice.

I loved mine too, when it ran. It started so easy, just let it roll down the driveway and release the compression release and it would putt off happily. Would run smooth at walk speed. Was the quietest of all my gas bikes.

I loved it when it ran. Love can turn to hate fast when it don't run. Especially when money is involved. 2 gas tanks, and a fuel pump was another hundred bucks. Down the drain too as it didn't run when I tossed it.

I'm glad I got it, it's a nostalgic romantic piece from an era gone by. Cast iron cylinder, long stroke, high torque, low speed marvel. I'm also glad it's in the trash can, can't hurt me anymore.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Nothin' but the truth there. No added malice.

I loved mine too, when it ran. It started so easy, just let it roll down the driveway and release the compression release and it would putt off happily. Would run smooth at walk speed. Was the quietest of all my gas bikes.

I loved it when it ran. Love can turn to hate fast when it don't run. Especially when money is involved. 2 gas tanks, and a fuel pump was another hundred bucks. Down the drain too as it didn't run when I tossed it.

I'm glad I got it, it's a nostalgic romantic piece from an era gone by. Cast iron cylinder, long stroke, high torque, low speed marvel. I'm also glad it's in the trash can, can't hurt me anymore.
Yours was made on Monday morninglaff

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
It was made a long time before I bought it for sure.

I got it from the outfit in Canada. Advertised as new. Gas tank was bad flaky-rusty inside and out. Cylinder had long verticle scratches in it. It was used a long time.

The mounting brackets and the muffler were new. That's all. The rest was pulled out of some junk pile.

Nope, not new. False advertising. It was cool while it lasted, but I paid a very high dollar to cool ratio.