Looking for mirror suggestions.

GoldenMotor.com

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Right now I am trying to get by with one of those cheap little flexible shaft mirrors that all of the big box stores carry as a bicycle accessory. Has anybody found a rear view mirror that is actually useful? If so where did you get it? Enquiring minds want to know!

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I have! I went to the motorcycle shop and got a pair of end cap mirrors. I gave one to Dean and kept the other one since you only need one on your left side. It works great and doesn't move at all because it is tighten by allen bolts. I bolted my up high and Dean mounted his below the grip and it works good.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
napolean bar end mirrors will adjust to any handlebar. They are very clear and easy to see through. oh yea they are available at m/c shops.:)

Last edited:

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Like I said the flexible part actually dampens the higher frequency vibration like the engine, but it doesn't do a good job with larger road bumps.

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
I have old school bicycle triangular style mirrors mounted on the highest point of my handlebars. The view is shaky on rough roads but still visible.

Attachments

Last edited:

ironhorse

Sep 4, 2008
Southern AB, CAN
Yea, my first mirror was useless unless stopped. Bought one that fits over grip and it tightened with velcro. It works better but....The prob I have with it is that it adds about 6 horizontal inches to the left side handlebars, getting in the way of trees and bushes. Looking for a better setup.

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
I work part time at a motorcycle shop and the owner found some old universal m/c mirrors. One of them worked on the end of my left bar. Just fitted it on today and it works good. I'll take a pic later.

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Well, I found an end bar mirror for $7 at Ace today. Taking the cheap way out for now because I also balanced my check book today :eek: and figured out how much I've spent on this thing in the last 3 weeks. Those accessories add up fast!!!! Hopefully now it will only be minor improvements like maybe a long pipe so I don't get oil on my shoes! :p :rolleyes:

apple101

Aug 29, 2008
I just use the 3 dollar ones from Pyramid that have built in reflectors. I got it from Amazon.com!