Throttle Control Switch controls gas intake

GoldenMotor.com

toddrobert38

Nov 6, 2011
Miami Beach
Hi Guys-

I bought a Skyhawk GT2B a little while ago. Unfortunately the guy I bought it off of told me to routinely tighten the screws, so dummy that I am I tighten even the screws on the engine.

Along with that, the bike took a fall due to a short kickstand. I'm not sure if I damaged the throttle in some way or if my tightening of the screws has now caused the throttle (pullback) to now be stiff and I have to move the little lever back and forth to keep the engine running. Also the lever isn't working as before. I won't work all the way out and it idles all the way in (which used to be how I shut it off).

It sounds like some adjustments could bring it back but its been bottling up and backfiring once it does get going and I even felt the piston bang a few times so I'm concerned about other problems.

I thought perhaps the High Octane gas I tried using was causing some of this so now I put Regular (87) back in. I found the grubee site said no higher than 90 so it may have caused problems but my basic question is about restoring the function of the throttle handle and lever. Im going to try the idle screw to restore proper engine function but I'm lost on the throttle business.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Todd

Miami Beach