Just a little outta plumb.

GoldenMotor.com

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes you do have to be a little out of plumb to mess with motorized bikes. For instance three years ago, if I wanted to go to the mall to walk, I would have grabbed a jacket walked out the door started the car and drove there, That was then.

But this is now. I walked to the shop and decided which bike. I hadn't ridden the 20" frame bike in a while so I decided to take it. I worked the bike out of the shop, then pulled out the trailer with the 16" wheels. When I tried to bolt it up, I found that the hitch didn't match up any more. So I found an extension which I could bolt on just for the ride. Once I had the trailer attached, I had to find a safety chain which wasn't all that hard to do. Bolting it on was a bit more trouble.

Then of course I had to dress for the mile ride in the cold. First a bright orange sweat shirt. Which I immediately covered with a green nylon shell to cut the wind. A knit cap to cover my ears, then nylon covered ski gloves to keep my fingers from falling off.

Then I rode to the mall while ducking traffic and praying it wouldn't rain on my electric bike while I was inside. I prayed to get back home before the threatening rain actually started.

Inside I removed all the special clothing I had put on just for the ride. I walked till I was exhausted, not all that far actually. Then I put the extra clothes back on and rode home. I again ducked the traffic an prayed that it wouldn't rain. Well since I made it this time, I will probably be encouraged enough to try it again next non raining day.

Last edited: