bid now! don't miss out! (ya gotta see this...)

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Ahhh YES! The perfect birthday present for my wife! Get her out of the house and exercising, and it'll be one less chore I have to get done on the weekends. A win- win situation!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I suppose the "Antique" designation makes it worth more? It ain't no antique. But it is cool. I wonder if you could shoe horn an 80cc in there somewhere?
Tom

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
I suppose the "Antique" designation makes it worth more? It ain't no antique. But it is cool. I wonder if you could shoe horn an 80cc in there somewhere?
Tom
well, tecnically, antique can be anything over 25 years old. given the pedals, and the overall design including the caution sticker. it was made sometime in the 60's- mid 70's, mid 80's at the very latest so it could be considered an antique...

I think an 80cc would fit just fine mounted over the top tube, but gearing would be the issue... looking at the chain, it does not drive the mower deck. that looks like the gearing for the mower deck is inside the pedal cranks.. the only thing I can see working is pedal powering the mower but using the engine as the self drive. that gear arangement, using that secondary large gear instead of using just a large gear and a small gear, would likely gear the bike low enough. actully an ingenious gearset for the function.. designed so the blades spin fast enough, but also that the bike goes slow enough. it appears that the secondary drive is very close to a 1:1 ratio

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This thread reminded me of how much I hate winter...I wanna mow my lawn with my 'antique' Toro mower. It was a wedding present in '84' and still going strong.
Sorry; off topic.
Tom

Last edited by a moderator: