Engine died and won't restart

GoldenMotor.com

beadomtroy

Nov 13, 2009
Washington, DC
Hi all,
I have a 2 stroke motor that was working fine for about a month then all of a sudden died on me on my way home. I have replaced the carb and spark plug but still nothing. Unscrewed the spark plug off the motor then turn wheel to check for spark and no spark. I'm not sure that's how to check for spark, but that's how i did it. So if anybody has any ideas or solutions it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all.

:-||

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Next on my list would be to check your cdi connections to the motor (the stock wire connectors are poorly made and can intermittently connect) next would be to unconnect the kill switch. After that I would look at the carb or fuel lines "etc."and make sure it's getting fuel.

beadomtroy

Nov 13, 2009
Washington, DC
I've already disconnected the kill switch. checked the fuel line also. But when i unplugged the cdi from the spark plug, the contact separated from the cdi and I think a spring fell off. Is there suppose to be a spring inside the cdi connector under the contact? And is there anything else i should check. Thanks again.
:-||