Hello, All, from RCinAL

GoldenMotor.com

RCinAL

Dec 27, 2009
Alabama
Hi, everyone. My name is Ralph. I am a gray haired old fart from Huntsville, Alabama. I have spent the majority of my life on 2 wheels - mostly motorcycles of all types, but I have always kept a cruiser bicycle or 2 around the house also. Basically, I have a serious interest in anything with 2 wheels and a pair of handlebars, especially if it also has a gas engine.

I still keep and ride motorcycles, but I am not getting any younger or healthier and can no longer expend the energy it takes to pedal my bicycle up all the hills in my town. However, I am not quite ready to give up on bicycling all together. So, I was doing some research about motorizing my bicycle and stumbled across this fine forum several weeks ago.

My expectations are few and simple - a fun, fuel efficient, trendy, economical mode of transportation to get my old self around the neighborhood that will hopefully escape the attention of the local cops. (Fun usually = illegal here.) Still, I am thinking most LEO's wouldn't so much as bat an eye at a tired old man cruising along on a motor bike.

I look forward to exchanging ideas and getting some great advice from others on the forum who already have experience in these matters. Right now I am simply exploring my options.

Cheers,

Ralph

Elmo

Sep 3, 2009
Mississippi
Welcome Ralph. I am a greyhaired old fart also. Are you looking for a kit or something do it yourself? There is a wealth of information on this site and when you need help it is plentiful. There is a lot of knowlege on this board also. have fun.
Elmo

RCinAL

Dec 27, 2009
Alabama
Hello, Elmo. Thanks for introducing yourself.

I have rather "unique" bike I want to motorize, but would like some advice first since it is a little different and I don't want to buy a kit that might not work on it. I do want just a "kit" though. I don't think I would be capable of fabricating anything totally custom. I am mechanically inclined enough, but don't have the tools to do any serious fabricating. I am trying to start a thread with all the details on the discussion forum. Hope I see you there.

Ralph

Last edited:

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. Check the legal forum on this site for posts on AL laws.
That may narrow your choice of kits.

RCinAL

Dec 27, 2009
Alabama
Welcome to the forum. Check the legal forum on this site for posts on AL laws.
That may narrow your choice of kits.
Thanks, wheelbender6. I have done that, and from what I can tell, NOTHING is legal here. And I'm not getting any younger or richer. I'll just have to get by on stealth, faith, and guts.

usflg

Ralph