thats dax question

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Will a 68.5cc bottom end from thatsdax work with a ported cylinder made for sky hawk bottom end? Thanks
NO

Quick answer...LOL!

If I'm wrong on this I know I will be swiftly corrected...LOL!

I don't run Grube Skyhawk engines but I know the the piston wrist pin location is several milimeters higher than of the standard PK80 type engine which is what the dax GenIV is, to the best of my knowledge the jug/cylinder you need must be for the PK80 engine.

I think there have been some who have done some serious modifications to make the jugs work on an engine they weren't designed for, but I'm pretty positive you cant use the skyhawk jug on the dax engine as a bolt on and go situation.

My advice is quit toying around with this and that and just buy a jug for your engine that has been recommended in the links you have been given in the other threads where you ask about them and do your best to build your engine up nice tight and sealed up, then you'll be riding your bike and enjoying it, just a little friendly advice..... don't over think all of this, you're a noob to all this that needs to keep it simple or all you will do is create more grief for yourself, you have been directed to parts that will work on your engine so why keep digging for this and that when you don't know what the heck will or wont work.... just follow the simple advice we have given you, get the recommended parts, get to work and build the little china girl up for your bike, honestly that will be the easy part, getting it on the bike right and set up right and tuned right will be the biggest challenge for you I'm sure, so no reason to make the easy stuff more complicated than it needs to be.

Map
.wee.

Last edited:

Huffydavidson

STREETRACER/MANUFACTURER
Jan 29, 2012
st.louis,mo.
NOT VERY WELL. The transfer ports are a great deal lower than DAX 40mm.
It will run but it wont have any power or pull. I.t may start up if your lucky.
Go to E--BAY and buy a topend kit from BOYGOFAST for like $44.00 its got everything youll need. If you order it today you may even have it to install on Saturday be rollin Sunday.brnot

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191036700418?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Here is the kit Huffydavidson spoke of

Only difference between the BGF kit and the DAX kit is BGF has slant head and Dax kit uses straight plug head, along with the fact that the BGF kit is gonna be about $20 cheaper shipped to your door for basically the same parts.

both will need the intake and exhaust port de-burred for best performance like all the jugs I have bought and seen, but that can be done with some patients and a small round file like is used for sharpening a chainsaw chain if you dont have a rotary tool such as a Dremel or simular.

map

fischer550

Mar 24, 2014
Fort Collins, CO
Thanks Guys, I went ahead and just went all out, so now I have the bottom end from dax, and I purchased a whole top end kit from fred (crmachine.com), which includes stage 2 cylinder with boost intake, modifies piston, and a fred head. I will also purchase a torquer 2 pipe from arrow. Hopefully this will make for a sweet setup!