HS 49cc torque settings? an other questions

GoldenMotor.com

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
i've looked an looked an can't find anything can anyone tell me or point me towards the torque settings for HS 49cc engines please? head bolts etc

reasons; removal of castings from intake port etc (just a clean up not aimed at performance gains as such) i have awhile before i can order my 4G drive
(they are not in stock atm) so i may as well do a once over before running it.

also what spark plug are people using? all i can find is what people use in 2strokes.

an what carb are you people using other than the factory one? i've seen some people say the factory one is a problem "child"

by the way my engine is the tapered shaft model i got it just before i signed up here an learnt about the "5/8" shaft model (not sure if the model means anything but i guess the more info i give the better right?)

anyway any help is much appreciated thank you for your time.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There are no head bolts to torque as the Honda cloned design uses a one piece head casting.

No head bolts so no head gasket to leak too.

There is no need to clean up any intake casting flash out of the square port.

If you don't use your HS for a while don't let gas sit in the Carb cause the idle jet can get plugged up.
I would not recommend replacing the Carb unless you have problems.

HS specs like plugs can be found on Honda's website for the GXH 50cc.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
There are no head bolts to torque as the Honda cloned design uses a one piece head casting.

No head bolts so no head gasket to leak too.

There is no need to clean up any intake casting flash out of the square port.

If you don't use your HS for a while don't let gas sit in the Carb cause the idle jet can get plugged up.
I would not recommend replacing the Carb unless you have problems.

HS specs like plugs can be found on Honda's website for the GXH 50cc.
i beg to differ on the casting flash in the intake port as it took up over 1/4 of the port an was rather weak because little pressure was able to chip some of it away hence why i want to clean it up

bring a serious car enthusiast an building a 10sec 1/4 street car i have a need
to make things as good as i possibly can meaning i know the casting flash isn't a good thing at all plus the port shape isn't exactly the best to start off with (being square)

anyway thanks for the tips an advice

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I too found some unneeded casting flash in a couple of my Huasheng's and cleaned up the ports with a dremel. The best carb I've run on any of mine is the reworked stock carb I got from AGK.

Also it is known the stock carbs will give you trouble with the slightest type of any debris in the float bowl. Use good inline gas filters to save you some headache.

I don't have the torque specs for this engine but I have a good feel for tightening down the various engine bolts on the HS. As they come from China everything seems to be almost overly tightened, as do Honda's the first time you crack the side cover bolts and such. I imagine they are all torqued to the same spec however as they usually release with a nice knuckle busting snap......each and everyone.

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
I too found some unneeded casting flash in a couple of my Huasheng's and cleaned up the ports with a dremel. The best carb I've run on any of mine is the reworked stock carb I got from AGK.

Also it is known the stock carbs will give you trouble with the slightest type of any debris in the float bowl. Use good inline gas filters to save you some headache.

I don't have the torque specs for this engine but I have a good feel for tightening down the various engine bolts on the HS. As they come from China everything seems to be almost overly tightened, as do Honda's the first time you crack the side cover bolts and such. I imagine they are all torqued to the same spec however as they usually release with a nice knuckle busting snap......each and everyone.
thanks scotto, i have used the dremel to clean some of it up then turned it intake down an flushed it for 2hours with a small fuel pump pumping kerosene into the port however i still worry about small filings an would like to do a better job of cleaning up the port (i just a fussy SOB) hence wanting to strip it down

re; the carb i was going to run inline filters anyway but thought also of changing it if there was another/better option tuning isn't a problem for me
i enjoy tuning anyway

i know what you mean by tight the damn screws that held the stupid drive it came with almost rounded off on me because they were so damn tight i got a good feel for tight too but would prefer to torque everything to the same specs

anyway as i've already said i'm not really going for high performance i'm just wanting to get rid of unwanted possibly engine damaging casting flash an know for myself the engine is clean of any filings etc hence why i started this thread

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
One other thing you might want to do is add some washers under the valve springs to stiffen them up a bit. It's not so much a performance mod, it just keeps your valves from floating at higher rpm. Just a thought, have fun!

ajoh

Mar 21, 2014
australia
One other thing you might want to do is add some washers under the valve springs to stiffen them up a bit. It's not so much a performance mod, it just keeps your valves from floating at higher rpm. Just a thought, have fun!
yes good tip i had thought of that as well though i know you have to watch how far you shim because of coil bind i'll test for all that though.

thanks again scotto