recycled bikes equal recumbents

GoldenMotor.com

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
http://sites.google.com/site/recycledrecumbents/home

this man is a pure genius saw these and couldn't help but have my jaw drop some of the most detailed build instructions ever pics included saw this scratched my chin took a magnet to the bike pile was in luck with two steel frames to salvage .

realy just had to share this most of us have bikes laying around odds and ends its comes with the territory i guess and for the more advanced builder i think these are defiantly feasible and desirable to build .

im going to build one just for my GEBE 33cc tanaka and a freind is wandering how to do a 49cc 4 stroke . now that my predator is built its times for a slow cruiser build ..

a real lazy mans rider

and well this link to http://highmileagetrikes.blogspot.com/index.html#7425071082998193501

this guy i found looking for stuff on my Toyota pickup this man is the ultimate garage tinkerer

hope these links get some gears turning Ive already marked and prepared bikes for cutting and got my friend with the welder ready to build one to . .flg.

andrewflores17

Jul 12, 2010
colorado springs, CO
good looking bike ive already have pages of doodles and am starting the prep work tonight on the bikes . thats the first one ive see useing a the back off a suspenion bike and i can see why good thinking.

Cavi Mike

Dec 17, 2011
Rochester, NY
Nothing genius about cutting up bikes and welding them together. What stops most people from doing this is the lack of a welder, not the lack of inspiration, creativity or "genius" as you so call it. Also, recumbent bikes suck. They're good for going in straight lines and that's about it. Trying to turn around? It's quite entertaining watching someone on a recumbent do that. You'd think they were attempting to maneuver a 400lb motorcycle.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
The only recumbent I have had any experience with is the one I built. I rode it pedal only a lot to get the basics worked out be for adding the motor. No doubt it does ride differently than a standard bike. Not worse just different. Mine can easily be ridden in circles on the 2 lane road in front of my house. Riding one requires only a small bit of time to become familar with their traits. The long wheel base and seating makes them light years ahead for a long distance bike. The biggest thing Andrew in you build is to get the called for rake and trail right, 3-4" as I remember. What looks like a bunch of rake isnt always there. Its a real hand full to ride if the R/T is wrong. If right its a pure pleasure of an easy crusing ride.